Are you new to the forum? Please come in here and introduce yourself, please don't forget to check out the rules as well!
Okayamapiper
Rides:: 1966 Honda C65 Super Cub

Post by Okayamapiper » Thu Apr 07, 2022 3:10 pm

Hello from Japan. I have been working on a 1965 Honda C65 Super Cub for the past few years and have finally got it reliable enough to allow me to retire my 1973 Suzuki K90 and use it as my new commuter bike. Current issues are a dead speedometer, a small main jet, and weak front shock springs as it bottoms out on bumpy roads. Any advice in this department would be really appreciated as I hope to learn a lot from the members here. Cheers from Japan!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

wightegi
Rides:: 12v 1988 e start C90,Royal Enfield Interceptor 650

Re: Newbie

Post by wightegi » Thu Apr 07, 2022 8:02 pm

Hi ,we have a few members in Japan and there is a Facebook group `Chupacubras` based there who have a lot of knowledge.New front springs would help if they are available.

Okayamapiper
Rides:: 1966 Honda C65 Super Cub

Re: Newbie

Post by Okayamapiper » Sun Apr 24, 2022 3:33 pm

I thank you for the advice. I bought some Thai front shocks locally, but the springs that came with them are about 2cm too long. I cannot cut them down as the ends are flat and would require that I weld some metal and grind the ends so they are flat. I will use some plastic lock ties to compress the springs so that they can be installed in the forks and then cut the ties to allow the springs to decompress. Hopefully, the preload won't be too much of an issue. I did manage to locate two new original springs in Thailand, but as it will be a few weeks until they reach here, I will give the springs that came with the shocks a try.