Hello. Here is a new one :))

Are you new to the forum? Please come in here and introduce yourself, please don't forget to check out the rules as well!
Capitano
Rides:: '92 C90, '97 Divvy 6, 36V home-built e-bike

Re: Hello. Here is a new one :))

Post by Capitano » Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:48 am

bikerbaker wrote:
Fri Mar 11, 2022 10:06 pm
InnoLars wrote:
Fri Mar 11, 2022 4:56 pm
Would have liked to upload a few pictures. But how "big" are they allowed to be 20kb? Then I'll leave it.
Think it's roughly 230Kb.
Most of us use Postimage or other such sites.
If adding photos directly as attachments, then they have to be small.

Adding photos using a 3rd party hosting site like postimage is easy and accessible.

Newtsalad
Admin & site janitor.
Rides:: XL1200c, Cali III, C125,GS750,XV535,XL350,BN125,C90's,C200's,CT200,Little Cub's

Post by Newtsalad » Sat Mar 12, 2022 8:20 am

I had a chat on messenger with Ed a week or so ago, he's now based in the states he tells me, and has a couple of CT 90's to get around on.
Love him or hate him there's no doubt he's elevated the status of the 90 and created a lot of interest in the little bikes incidental to his adventures.

InnoLars
Rides:: Innova ANF 125

Post by InnoLars » Mon Mar 14, 2022 10:37 pm

@Nezumi
@all

Thanks Nezumi, I am also very happy. You can't expect more after a theft.
Stripped the Inno today. More later than can be seen in the pictures. I plan to send the parts order to Honda tomorrow.
Can anyone help me with a picture of their ignition switch? (back side of course).
Thieves have torn off the wires. Have 4 solder points on the ignition lock and 4 wires with different markings. (red, black, black with blue stripe and black with red stripe). It is clear to me where the red cable belongs, as there is another red one. Of course, that's where the other one belongs. But where to put the other 3?
I have now marked the soldering points with 1 to 4. Maybe someone can tell me which cable belongs to which number. The red one belongs to number one, that's for sure.

About the pictures and uploading. I don't know which other server I could use, might have to. I'm sorry.

And explain everything on FaceBook too.... maybe at another time, maybe if I get stuck here. Hope that's OK.

@Newtsalad.
Great, I'm in Ed's home country and he lives in the States. What a load of crap!!! Too bad somehow. But maybe he'll be back here to see Rachel ;)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Nezumi
Rides:: 2008 Honda MD90 1979 Honda250N

Post by Nezumi » Tue Mar 15, 2022 1:01 am

@InnoLars

It doesn't look too bad, does it. Good Good. :)
Those plastics look like they need nothing more than some gaffer / gorilla tape. They are only decoration really, so, in your place; I would stick them back together, as best I could. (I wouldn't buy anything new that was purely cosmetic). And, instead, spend my money on a new ignition switch... £15 on ebay https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from ... h&_sacat=0 :D

Good luck & keep in touch :)

InnoLars

Post by InnoLars » Tue Mar 15, 2022 11:01 am

@Nezumi
I appreciate your help & contributions. But sticking together, that's not my way. The brackets have all broken away. How am I supposed to get the fairing on the bike anyway? All the lugs are broken off. Then it would be better and safer to leave the complete fairing off. The fairing is just for looks, right. And normally it lasts forever. Mine was already 10 years old. And I had already disassembled and reassembled it 100 times, always with a bit of care (because of the plastic lugs). Both "leg-panels" have completely broken off. Should I tape them to the rest of the fairing and then tape everything to the bike? Sorry, but that's too much for me :)) I want to ride the bike through Europe without getting into trouble and without the fairing falling off during the ride.
Ignition lock: wow, they really don't cost anything. Except that I would then have 2 keys, one for the ignition lock and another for the seat. Well, that's okay too. Let's see, I don't know. I'd like to try soldering first, also because I have several spare keys for my lock.

Nezumi
Rides:: 2008 Honda MD90 1979 Honda250N

Post by Nezumi » Tue Mar 15, 2022 1:56 pm

Lars :)

Ahh, ok, yes if all the lugs / mountings have broken; that is a problem. Indeed, it would not be good if bits fell off while you were riding! >.<

I did look for / at wiring diagrams / photos... but nothing showed the back section, or which order the wires went, I'm afraid. :(

Hope all goes well!

wightegi
Rides:: 12v 1988 e start C90,Royal Enfield Interceptor 650

Post by wightegi » Tue Mar 15, 2022 2:02 pm

There are some Utube videos of how to clean the switch, but you could try to solder some longer leads to the switch and then with some connectors try the cables in order, red to red is easy and I think the black/blue is next to it going clockwise #4, the other 2 may well be in the order they are .
So offer the wires up and try them where they line up.

Capitano
Rides:: '92 C90, '97 Divvy 6, 36V home-built e-bike

Post by Capitano » Tue Mar 15, 2022 3:20 pm

wightegi wrote:
Tue Mar 15, 2022 2:02 pm
There are some Utube videos of how to clean the switch, but you could try to solder some longer leads to the switch and then with some connectors try the cables in order, red to red is easy and I think the black/blue is next to it going clockwise #4, the other 2 may well be in the order they are .
So offer the wires up and try them where they line up.
^^^ exactly this. Solder on longer leads and use 2 gang Wago connectors with the spring levers until you discover the correct combination.

"Wago 221 Compact Lever Splicing Connector 4.00mm - 2 Way | Wago_Connectors (221-412)" https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/WA412C.html

wightegi
Rides:: 12v 1988 e start C90,Royal Enfield Interceptor 650

Post by wightegi » Tue Mar 15, 2022 4:20 pm

InnoLars

Post by InnoLars » Tue Mar 15, 2022 4:40 pm

@Nezumi
I also have to go to the MOT again sometime, so the bike can't just be held together by tape :))
Thanks for checking the ignition lock.

@all
I need a fairing part. I don't want to order this from Honda because I also know a limit. I am not prepared to spend £139 on a small piece of black plastic. I am now looking for the part used but with plastic lugs on it. It's the part that holds the whole front together. I would also take this piece in pink if it is functionally okay. Mine is completely tattered.

Part Number 3
https://www.bike-parts-honda.com/honda- ... 0101KTMD20
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.