Hello. Here is a new one :))

Are you new to the forum? Please come in here and introduce yourself, please don't forget to check out the rules as well!
125erCrazy
Rides:: C125 Super Cub/Address 110

Re: Hello. Here is a new one :))

Post by 125erCrazy » Tue Mar 08, 2022 5:26 pm

wightegi wrote: ↑
Tue Mar 08, 2022 5:15 pm
You may have more problems as if you have been here since 2019 the bike should be registered here after 6 months.
I wasn't going to mention that :lol: :lol:

125erCrazy
Rides:: C125 Super Cub/Address 110

Post by 125erCrazy » Tue Mar 08, 2022 5:34 pm

InnoLars wrote: ↑
Tue Mar 08, 2022 1:57 pm
Does anyone know of a friendly Honda dealer in my corner (between Chester & Liverpool)? Maybe one who can help me find the parts on the computer. A nice one.
Just to get you started

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_Wave_series

InnoLars
Rides:: Innova ANF 125

Post by InnoLars » Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:51 pm

@wightegi & @125ger crazy
I am well aware of this problem. Imagine you want to travel.... come to the UK and then you are stuck... and have to take vaccinations to be able to continue at all.... I had not expected this situation. And as already described, I can't hand in the number plate. I will repair the Innova and then leave the UK directly. The police who dealt with my theft were sympathetic to the problem, which is not to say that I am in an ideal situation.
Kind regards,
Lars

Nezumi
Rides:: 2008 Honda MD90 1979 Honda250N

Post by Nezumi » Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:19 pm

There's a couple of Honda shops very near you; I don't know them, (I just Googled)

https://www.smithshonda.co.uk/pages/contact/find-us.htm
https://www.billsmithmotors.co.uk/pages ... ind-us.htm

And a bike breakers, very close, too;
https://cheshirebikebreakers.com/

Hope that's helpful πŸ€žπŸ€žπŸ€žπŸ™

InnoLars

Post by InnoLars » Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:31 pm

@Nezumi
Great, thank you.
I immediately wrote to "BikeBreakers" to see if they also have Honda fairing parts in their range. Because I definitely need them. The rest is speculative.
Kind regards,
Lars

Nezumi

Post by Nezumi » Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:59 pm

Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:31 pm
@Nezumi
Great, thank you.
I immediately wrote to "BikeBreakers" to see if they also have Honda fairing parts in their range. Because I definitely need them. The rest is speculative.
Kind regards,
Lars
πŸ€žπŸ˜ŠπŸ‘

Nezumi

Post by Nezumi » Wed Mar 09, 2022 7:00 pm

Hi Lars,

Did you get your bike back today? How is it?

🀞Nezumi

InnoLars

Post by InnoLars » Fri Mar 11, 2022 4:56 pm

@Nezumi
@allGood news!

The bike is back as of today. Okay, I hadn't parked it in that state. And it really did look a lot better bevor. But heh.... I had expected much worse. It's pretty much all there. The thieves didn't help themselves at all to the bags and their contents. Not even the case at the back was broken into. But there would have been nothing there either. The front is just in a miserable condition. The side panels have to be replaced and all the cables have to be soldered again. I couldn't test the ignition because there is no power there. However, I have a battery monitor on the bike. And it records the voltage for 30 days. And I have just retrieved the data. No voltage drop and no voltage peaks. That means the bike was never started. That's great, because then the electronics wouldn't have been damaged by a short circuit. And the number plate is still on, not even bent. The seat hasn't been broken either. All the gold and silver is still there. No, but my charging station is there and even functional. I'm really happy. It doesn't get any better than this in the case of a theft. The only thing that could cause me problems is the electronics in the front. A friend of mine had installed a big horn there, which is also integrated into the ignition, I think it's the same as in the original. I'll have to see if I can repair it on my own. Everything else I can definitely do on my own. The small garage is almost ready for the motorbike. Only the new floor paint still has to dry. I'll dismantle everything in front at the beginning of next week and then I'll be able to see better exactly what's wrong with the cables. I have a manual, but it's not all original in the front, so it's only partly helpful. And if I'm going to start building the bike now, I'll get some other things done at the same time.
I quickly took a picture. And another one from better times. This is how it should look again when I'm done. I will keep you up to date.

If I were Ed March (but I'm not), the bike would be ready to ride again in 1 hour. But first I need a soldering iron. I don't have one of those in my luggage. Let's see if a neighbour has one.

Kind regards,
Lars
Would have liked to upload a few pictures. But how "big" are they allowed to be 20kb? Then I'll leave it.

Nezumi

Post by Nezumi » Fri Mar 11, 2022 5:29 pm

Wahey!!! Good News!!! πŸ˜πŸ‘πŸŽ‰βœ¨βœ¨βœ¨ (considering). I'm really happy for you, Good Luck with the rebuilding!

(If you'd join the facebook group... you could post pic's) 😜 I have seen large pic's on here... but not sure how it was done?

bikerbaker
Rides:: 1990 C90, 2016 Kayak 110, Riders Cub, 2xSV650, BMW F800GT, Buell XB12R CT90/110

Post by bikerbaker » Fri Mar 11, 2022 10:06 pm

Fri Mar 11, 2022 4:56 pm
Would have liked to upload a few pictures. But how "big" are they allowed to be 20kb? Then I'll leave it.
Think it's roughly 230Kb.
Most of us use Postimage or other such sites.