Hello. Here is a new one :))

Are you new to the forum? Please come in here and introduce yourself, please don't forget to check out the rules as well!
InnoLars
Rides:: Innova ANF 125

Re: Hello. Here is a new one :))

Post by InnoLars » Mon Mar 21, 2022 8:19 pm

@Nezumi

Thank you for asking. I have asked Honda Berlin (my home) about the cable assignment of the ignition lock. Waiting for an answer. Can't someone unscrew the top cover on their Innova and pull the rubber off the ignition lock and check?
The parts are ordered from Honda UK. But they can't deliver everything. They have to order parts from Europe. The expected delivery date for 90% of the order is the beginning of April. I have ordered one part (top cover) from eBay Germany. The part is new, not black but silver, whatever. It costs "only" 50€ instead of £139 (from Honda). It takes time until everything is here. So everything is a bit slow at the moment. I'll let you know if anything happens. And if someone would unscrews the front cover and have a look... you could make me happy.
Kind regards,
Lars

Nezumi
Rides:: 2008 Honda MD90 1979 Honda250N

Post by Nezumi » Mon Mar 21, 2022 8:57 pm

Hi Lars,

Well, at least it's going forward, at the least.

I'm not sure how many Inno' owners are here? It might be worth starting a new 'topic' / 'thread'... catch attention? Head it 'Innova Ignition Wiring', maybe?

Or... try on Facebook... I think more people, from more countries too, look there. Worth a shot? The wider you cast your net... More parts too in the sales group. You can post 'wanted...' on there too.

Good luck, and please keep in touch. 🙂👍

Capitano
Rides:: '92 C90, '97 Divvy 6, 36V home-built e-bike

Post by Capitano » Tue Mar 22, 2022 7:32 am

Nezumi wrote:
Mon Mar 21, 2022 8:57 pm
I'm not sure how many Inno' owners are here? It might be worth starting a new 'topic' / 'thread'... catch attention? Head it 'Innova Ignition Wiring', maybe?
This is good advice. The ratio of Innova to Cub owners on here isn't high.

Not everyone with an Innova will be tempted to read your original topic and follow it through.

Godspeed
Rides:: Anf125, C90G, PCX125

Post by Godspeed » Tue Mar 22, 2022 11:15 am

I’d love to help but with the move everything is covered under hundreds of boxes. Have you tried the German Innova forum as they’re a helpful group
👍

InnoLars

Post by InnoLars » Tue Mar 22, 2022 11:28 am

@Nezumi
I don't know exactly where to put the question on the FaceBoooook C90 page? Could you help me... with a link for my post?

Nezumi

Post by Nezumi » Tue Mar 22, 2022 12:27 pm

InnoLars wrote:
Tue Mar 22, 2022 11:28 am
@Nezumi
I don't know exactly where to put the question on the FaceBoooook C90 page? Could you help me... with a link for my post?
Hi Lars,

Here's a link to the this groups F'book page;
https://www.facebook.com/groups/2918484 ... ONOLOGICAL

It's a public 'open' group for viewing, but, you may have to join to post? Just click where it says 'write something' at the top of the page, (under the pages' 'banner'). And away you go :)

I would start with something like; 'Help With Innova Wiring Needed'... then go on to explain your needs :)

Fingers Crossed!
🙂🤞

InnoLars

Post by InnoLars » Wed Mar 23, 2022 12:27 am

I was going to post something on Fb, but then logged in first and then I had to wait.
In the meantime, the German Honda Innova Form has helped me.
The cables are now soldered, from a neighbour. Unfortunately, this one used quite thin cables and after soldering the contacts are "rotatable". That makes me a little nervous. But the best thing is, it runs!!! I still had to change the main fuse. Unfortunately, the thieves had no luck. The electronics remained intact and it's chugging along again. When I pulled the broken fuse, I knew it was the best thing that could happen to me.
But now I don't know whether I should solder it again or replace the lock. The soldering really sucks. I lifted the handlebars a lot, but unfortunately not enough to loosen the lower of the two screws from the lock. This means that I would have to remove the steering head bearing mounting, then it would work. I don't know yet. I'll have to sleep on it.
Having 2 different keys is just stupid. If you need a different one for seat bank (petrol station), then you forget to remove the key at the ignition.
I'll get back to you when the bike is ready. There will also be a picture. That's for today.

Nezumi

Post by Nezumi » Wed Mar 23, 2022 6:50 am

🙂👍

Capitano
Rides:: '92 C90, '97 Divvy 6, 36V home-built e-bike

Post by Capitano » Wed Mar 23, 2022 7:30 am

Lars, it sounds like a solution of sorts.

You have a solution that works. If it fails st some stage down the road at lest you have an idea what has caused it, and know how to fix it easily.

2 different keys isn't really that much of an issue in comparison to a front end strip-down of unknown complexity.

"The best is the enemy of the good."

8-)

InnoLars

Post by InnoLars » Wed Mar 23, 2022 11:11 am

@Capitano

Yes, it works. And in the future I would also know the assignment of the cables and would have no problem to fix it in 5 minutes.
Only the soldered cables have been badly soldered and very thin. It flows not the full ANlasserstrom but only the current for the solenoid switch but even that are a few amps. Now I would like to replace the ignition switch. I do not trust the repair. BUT: KUck you times the picture with the two screws from the ignition lock. I have lifted the handlebars as in a uTube video. Only with the Euro-Inno the handlebar lock sits probably 1cm (0.32863inch) lower. And therefore I can not loosen the screw. And so I can not exchange the lock. I think I'll order the lock and if I roll somewhere soon past a workshop, then I strip the Inno and take the tool from those (as Ed always does). I'm leaving UK for a very very long time after the repair. Somewhere along the way I'll find a nice workshop, I'm sure.
The key store around the corner makes me 2 new spare keys for £13, which is great. They do not look like those from a motorcycle..... but maybe that's good ;)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.