Hello. Here is a new one :))

Are you new to the forum? Please come in here and introduce yourself, please don't forget to check out the rules as well!
InnoLars
Rides:: Innova ANF 125

Hello. Here is a new one :))

Post by InnoLars » Sun Feb 27, 2022 12:42 am

Hello Innova Forum.

Where and how could I start to describe myself? Okay, I am a traveller and have had my Innova since 2014, when I bought it new. I'm also on the German Inno-forum, because I´m born in Germany. I love this vehicle. I have lived in Berlin for the last 18 years. In 2018, I decided to give up my life in Germany and travel the world with the Innnova. In spring 2019, I left Berlin completely overloaded. In May 2019, I arrived in the UK. I can't tell you all the details now, that would go beyond the scope here. I wanted to stay here for the winter of 2019/2020 and then travel further in the spring. Covid forced me to stay here, because I couldn't go home. I also didn't think it would take that long to travel again (vaccinations etc.) so I'm still here. Then a few days ago the absolute nightmare. My Innova was stolen. The police have since recovered it, which is good news. However, on the evening of the theft, I found large side fairing parts of my Innova in the area. The bike is definitely badly damaged. I have invested a lot of time and energy in preparing the Innova for the trip. It hurts and I am still in shock. Currently the forensics are still at the Inno. In 1 week I can pick up the Inno. Is there anyone who could help me rebuild it? Will probably have to dismantle it. I live south of Liverpool now, in Neston to be precise. I find it difficult to log on to English forums because my English is not good. That's why I've been putting it off all this time. But now I need help. Sorry for the long text. I am looking forward to your feedback. Have a good season and an accident-free ride. Take care of your Inno.

Best regards, Lars

Ps. And sorry, I don't have a homepage yet and 1000 channels on which I speak and describe my journey so far. Due to the circumstances, everything has been a bit different than planned. And not everyone can be like Ed March (by the way... "I love him"). I'm not that networked, maybe later.

125erCrazy
Rides:: C125 Super Cub/Address 110

Re: Hello. Here is a new one :))

Post by 125erCrazy » Sun Feb 27, 2022 11:41 am

Welcome Lars & your English intro is just fine.

Used to spend lots of time in Hamburg years ago

Gutted to hear about your Innova but unfortunately England has more than its fair share of slags.

I will keep it short but....

1) Get your innova back first its likely to be beyond repair and sadly the old bill will charge you for recovery and forensic exam which may well be as much as a quarter of the repair bill.
Your insurance likely cover this then buy the 'wreck back' for a % of the agreed settlement

2) You may have to return to Germany to get your UK covid certificate converted to Euro system. Friends had issues in Holland but the Dutch overcame it for them as it was the GMT clock on the app.
Other friends just back from France couldn't get in anywhere as the French system couldn't read their QR codes
Our French jabs arent recognised by the NHS (UK) system so Mrs H has to travel to a centre to get hers transferred (I've not bothered)
Also the 270 day rule from your last booster applies to most of Europe but we managed to sort a friends son who had booked a short notice trip to Italy by getting a booster Saturday, negative PCR test and flys Monday.

3) Dont be Ed March and treat the public as your piggy bank even if your videos are entertaining (I know its the modern way but my moto always been if you can't pay dont play work harder)

Hopefully my not short ramblings havent confused you. But keep us posted

Godspeed
Rides:: Anf125, C90G, PCX125

Post by Godspeed » Sun Feb 27, 2022 1:28 pm

Hi Lars,
Welcome!
I’m the same as you, the Innova is practically the best bike in the world, apart from the seat, and the lighting, and the short service interval, and the small tanks and….. 😂😂😂

Seriously though, what a great bike to do such a big adventure on. I’ve ridden 2 x 2500 mile trips over the past two years through Europe and absolutely love the bike.

Shame you’re so far north as I’d be happy to help out with getting stuff up together for your trip, it does sound amazing!!!
B3B6504C-7735-427E-B5B3-2C0D683A0A75.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

InnoLars

Post by InnoLars » Sun Feb 27, 2022 3:15 pm

@125ger crazy

Hello & thanks for the nice welcome and your information/help.
I'll "work through" your points systematically.

1.) It is perhaps a little different than you think or one would have to assume. My motorbike is registered in Germany and has a Berlin licence plate. I can't hand it in because then I won't get a new number plate, not a German one. This is only possible with an address that has to be officially registered there, unlike here. It is not possible to explain this in detail here. Other countries have different laws.
The insurance doesn't pay me anything, I only have third party liability. I have to repair THIS Innova, there is no other option.

to 2.) I have all the vaccinations, including the appropriate QR codes (international QR code)... everything fits, everything is easy so far. The 270 day rule... doesn't matter. I have the booster... all this doesn't belong here either (in the forum).

to 3.) Yes, I agree with you in part. Partly because I don't really know if Ed really travels "as a piggy bank". In my opinion, he already works for his travels.And his little shop doesn't make a profit, and I'm sure he does. I don't know. But I know what you mean in general. And yes, I don't want to live/travel at the expense of others either. I want to travel and work, alternately.

No, it's all good. Thank you. Sunny day today. Perfect weather to ride the Innova.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

InnoLars

Post by InnoLars » Sun Feb 27, 2022 3:31 pm

@Godspeed

Thank you also for the nice welcome.

Oh yes, absolutely the best bike except for.... the list could go on and on.... the suspension... which is not there. But heh... apart from the little things, it's perfect. And I've come down every mountain with the Innova so far.
But maybe we can see each other on "the way back". Because I have to head for the ferry sooner or later. I don't know where you live. Maybe you could help me if I could roll out my sleeping mat on your kitchen floor for one night. Because I had massive problems finding places to sleep in England. Wild camping is "rather not" possible here. And since everything is private, it's hard to lay down somewhere at night. Maybe we'll see each other there. I would be happy to meet other Inno drivers. We hear/read each other. I'm still here for a few days.
Kind regards,
Lars
ORG_DSC00021.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

InnoLars

Post by InnoLars » Sun Feb 27, 2022 3:35 pm

@Godspeed

I can see clearly from the fairing.... you have the good old carburettor Inno. It was never offered for sale in Germany. And that's why it's almost impossible to get in Germany. I don't know how it was with you. There are hardly any of them here. Unfortunately, I never rode one.

Lars

Godspeed
Rides:: Anf125, C90G, PCX125

Post by Godspeed » Sun Feb 27, 2022 5:55 pm

Hey Lars,
I’m just down in Bristol, unfortunately there is no spare space on a floor at the moment as I’m in the middle of moving house. The house I’m in is all packed up and the house I’m moving into is a mess so you’re probably best off not heading to me 😂

Love the loaded bike, it looks like you’ve thought of everything!

I think I sorted the rear suspension by using a CBF125 adjustable units which made a big difference, the range is easier with a 3 litre canister in a pocket in the fairing, the seat with the 3D mesh type cover, the headlight with a front spot…. What else 🙂

Enjoy your trip and please keep us posted of where you get to!

Take care

Chris

Capitano
Rides:: '92 C90, '97 Divvy 6, 36V home-built e-bike

Post by Capitano » Mon Feb 28, 2022 3:56 pm

InnoLars wrote:
Sun Feb 27, 2022 12:42 am
And not everyone can be like Ed March (by the way... "I love him"). I'm not that networked, maybe later.
Welcome, Lars.

Mr Bogger on here may still hold the position of President of the Ed March fan club. 8-)

InnoLars

Post by InnoLars » Mon Feb 28, 2022 8:53 pm

@ Godspeed

I have thought of everything, and much more. The equipment is enough for one to the moon. Way too much. But who, please, doesn't drive off with too much. I definitely need to carry less, I know.

My rear suspension is modified (is the Greek adjustable. Have a 5 litre canister on the front (should be visible). I've fitted LED lights (if it's still pre-charged after the theft.) The seat in the original is okay for me, for now. At the moment I would like to have the Innova back again.
Too bad, no one has contacted me yet who could help me patch up/repair it.

Thank you for your offer. I couldn't ride the tattered Innnova all the way to Bristol anyway. I need someone local who might be able to come around and know how to fix things. If there are problems with the electronics, I have a hard time with that. They will have tried to start the Inno without the key (short-circuit the cable).

Kind regards,
Lars

InnoLars

Post by InnoLars » Mon Feb 28, 2022 9:03 pm

@Capitano

Sorry, who is Mr.Bogger? Sorry.
Would like to meet Ed when he is here again. But he's never at home :))