Hello. Here is a new one :))

Are you new to the forum? Please come in here and introduce yourself, please don't forget to check out the rules as well!
InnoLars
Rides:: Innova ANF 125

Re: Hello. Here is a new one :))

Post by InnoLars » Wed Mar 23, 2022 11:16 am

Sorry:
Thatยดs what I mean:
It does not flow the full starter current but only the current for the magnetic switch but even that is a few amps (I don't know exactly how many). But also the power for my grip heater and more goes through the wires from the ignition switch.

Nezumi
Rides:: 2008 Honda MD90 1979 Honda250N

Post by Nezumi » Wed Mar 23, 2022 11:49 am

Good Luck finishing the repairs, and I hope you find somewhere good that can help you replace the ignition switch! :) I think I'd be tempted to find a new place to mount it; for easier access, in case something happens again in the future. I think that a part of 'World Travel' is the 'Art of Bodging' ( Pfusch)... To place the need for 'usefulness' over the desire for 'beauty', if you know what I mean? 'Mutate and Survive'... to put it crudely.

(I built and rode 'Ratbikes' for 30yrs. I'm bias. I enjoyed cheap motorcycling and pfusch. 'Make-do and mend' was my philosophy (still is)๐Ÿ˜œ)

But you know your own mind better :) Whatever you decide, I hope you have fun on your travels!!! And please keep me updated... I'd love to know how you are doing. :)
Do you have a Blog or Vlog or Youtube, that you post your updates / news on?

Best Wishes, ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜

InnoLars

Post by InnoLars » Fri Mar 25, 2022 8:35 pm

@Nezumi.... I'll be brief.

Roughly speaking, I live in Liverpool. And from here to the diesel motorcycle meeting in the south of England and then on to the ferry... I'll be driving right past your front door...
You can think about it. I would be very pleased.

And your philosophy appeals to me very much. Even if it's not easy for me sometimes when I look at the rusty rims of my Innova. When I arrived here 3 years ago, they looked like new. I have to look at older photos to believe that.

About the philosophy: it's a CUB (cheap urban bike). And that also means that you use parts until it doesn't work anymore. A friend from the German Innova forum does this on principle, not to save money. He used his spark plug in the Innova hard until there was no more spark. I think that was the case at well over 30,000km (18.6K miles). I think that is slightly over the Honda prescribed replacement interval.

Nezumi

Post by Nezumi » Sat Mar 26, 2022 6:22 am

InnoLars wrote: โ†‘
Fri Mar 25, 2022 8:35 pm
@Nezumi.... I'll be brief.

Roughly speaking, I live in Liverpool. And from here to the diesel motorcycle meeting in the south of England and then on to the ferry... I'll be driving right past your front door...
You can think about it. I would be very pleased.

And your philosophy appeals to me very much. Even if it's not easy for me sometimes when I look at the rusty rims of my Innova. When I arrived here 3 years ago, they looked like new. I have to look at older photos to believe that.

About the philosophy: it's a CUB (cheap urban bike). And that also means that you use parts until it doesn't work anymore. A friend from the German Innova forum does this on principle, not to save money. He used his spark plug in the Innova hard until there was no more spark. I think that was the case at well over 30,000km (18.6K miles). I think that is slightly over the Honda prescribed replacement interval.
Hi Lars :)

Is that meeting the one on 26-29 May? (I used to know some of the Diesel-Bikers years ago). Looks like a fun event!

Would you like to stop-in for a cup of tea / coffee on your trip down to it? I live in Stoke on Trent. By May; I should have my MD50 by then too :D
Here's my bike... New MOT, just waiting for DVLA / British registration now. :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqYW2t8nCRs

Cheap Urban Bike... I like that, a lot! ๐Ÿ˜‚. I'm not sure about using a sparkplug that long... Bad /old sparkplug = poor fuel efficiency. I'd rather spend money on a new plug, than on more petrol than necessary. Perhaps on these little bikes it's not so crucial?

InnoLars

Post by InnoLars » Sat Mar 26, 2022 7:29 pm

This is exactly the meeting I'm talking about. I would like to go there. Because so far I've been to diesel motorcycle meetings in Hamm (Germany). But now that I'm here...

You live where little Robbie was born? That's awesome. I wanted to drop by his house anyway. He wanted to give his concert in Stoke two years ago. Then Covid came... and that was the end of it :(( I'd be there.

What can I say about your new bike?! The Brits... they have good taste. In Germany you don't get something like that registered. That's also the reason why I ride an Innova and not a nice Cub (like in the video or another one). But I'm staying true to mine now.
Let me guess... Yours is from Seven Seas Motors... never mind. That's the Japanese stagecoach, isn't it?
Yes, for a cup of tea would be fine.
I think you asked me once if I had a website. Currently yes, it has been prepared for 3 years. But it has never been filled with pictures and information. I should start it sometime.

Whoa... I have so much to do... before I can start here. By by.

Nezumi

Post by Nezumi » Sun Mar 27, 2022 5:39 am

InnoLars wrote: โ†‘
Sat Mar 26, 2022 7:29 pm
This is exactly the meeting I'm talking about. I would like to go there. Because so far I've been to diesel motorcycle meetings in Hamm (Germany). But now that I'm here...

You live where little Robbie was born? That's awesome. I wanted to drop by his house anyway. He wanted to give his concert in Stoke two years ago. Then Covid came... and that was the end of it :(( I'd be there.

What can I say about your new bike?! The Brits... they have good taste. In Germany you don't get something like that registered. That's also the reason why I ride an Innova and not a nice Cub (like in the video or another one). But I'm staying true to mine now.
Let me guess... Yours is from Seven Seas Motors... never mind. That's the Japanese stagecoach, isn't it?
Yes, for a cup of tea would be fine.
I think you asked me once if I had a website. Currently yes, it has been prepared for 3 years. But it has never been filled with pictures and information. I should start it sometime.

Whoa... I have so much to do... before I can start here. By by.
Ahh, ok, May it is :) . And yes, Robbie grew up in Tunstall, where I live, I know the road, but not the house :) . Apparently he plays here in June this year.

Yes mine is from Seven Seas (''never mind''?). I found a cheaper supplier, but they didn't offer the 'after purchase care / help' that S' Seas do. I like old bikes with odd / quirky looks. And indeed, it's the Japanese 'Mail Delivery' :)

I'll let you get busy... Speak soon :)

wightegi
Rides:: 12v 1988 e start C90,Royal Enfield Interceptor 650

Post by wightegi » Sun Mar 27, 2022 8:43 am

We have a member who goes to the Diesel bike rally . . . Diesel Dave ;)

InnoLars

Post by InnoLars » Tue Apr 05, 2022 2:03 pm

@Nezumi

You don't know the house from Robbie? I thought you went there every evening and knelt down devoutly and crossed yourself. :))
I don't know if I want to wait until 4 June. I don't think I'll be here until then.

I've been building at the Innnova for the past few days. Put on a new front wheel cover. Partly repainted the luggage rack and the hub. Also maintenance work. Removed the rear wheel, cleaned the drum. Inno is now finished. Just waiting for the fairing parts. And until then I'll pack my bags here. I've got quite a lot, too much and have to sort it out.
I'll get back to you before I leave, either here in the thread or by PN.
And then I want to see a real red Japanese POST bike.

Kind regards, Lars

Nezumi

Post by Nezumi » Tue Apr 05, 2022 3:03 pm

๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ‘