Hello All from Sunny Brighton (Sussex) 6v to 12v mega power need

Are you new to the forum? Please come in here and introduce yourself, please don't forget to check out the rules as well!
BakerUK
Rides:: Honda C50M

Hello All from Sunny Brighton (Sussex) 6v to 12v mega power need

Post by BakerUK » Sun Sep 12, 2021 1:53 am

Hello All, I'm a newbie, but not to classics, (used to be a classic car enthusiast) but first time for a bike.

I've just purchased a C50M (french model with the starter). 1972

If there are any members in Brighton/Sussex area, would be great to say hello. Maybe meet up at some cafe in Brighton....?

Can anyone please advise, I really want to convert my bike to 12v, as I want to use the bike for day trips with avid use of battery power, hence was hoping anyone can shed some light on how to undertake the task, ideally seeking someone to do it for me as I am a disabled person, but what I really need is a whole load of electrical power to run accessories that I may carry. I need fresh air as I have lung issues. I was hoping, all be it may be wishful thinking to use an electric blanket for keeping warm while picnicking/resting when I am out in the great outdoors, hence maybe carry a large battery pack, (on a rear luggage rack) hence wrap up when outdoors. Sounds outlandish I know, any thoughts anyone....?

Is any aftermarket heavy-duty electric generator/alternator available for the c50m...?

All the same, May The Force be with you all :-)

Thanks, prior for any replies :-)

Capitano
Rides:: '92 C90, '97 Divvy 6, 36V home-built e-bike

Re: Hello All from Sunny Brighton (Sussex) 6v to 12v mega power need

Post by Capitano » Sun Sep 12, 2021 10:33 am

I'm in Southwick, Barker is in Littlehampton.

8-)

BakerUK

Post by BakerUK » Sun Sep 12, 2021 12:44 pm

Hello Capitano, Southwick is cool, and especially Littlehampton, the beach there is the best in the world (all be it when we have nice weather) :D
Not sure how to arrange, a gathering, how about keeping it simple? aim for a time day or evening, at some cafe/pub and if anyone shows up. they show up. No need to take down names/create lists etc.

Unlikely I will ride out on my bike initially, as I need to get a few things sorted first. But would be great to pic brains and have friendly chat about all things Honda Cub or associated Nerdy topics.

Literally purchased the bike 2 days ago, so was thinking of getting my 'home hallway' repair pit stop sorted first here's a pic of the bike in my hallway... (Just about enough room to swing a cat, btw the cat in pic is Mrs. Cookie.)

Lots of questions I would love to ask any Master Jedi Order of the Honda Cub, reading this.... 8-) :lol:

1). The pic of bike in hallway is going to be my pit/repair area, what tools would you recommend I acquire? Not looking for a brand ie. To buy Snap-On or Draper etc, but more what Honda specific service tools. Mind you I am aware that the legendary Soichiro Honda, co-designed the cub with the view a regular mechanic could repair. As it happens been recommended Halfords professional..., lifetime guarantee. Will wait for xmas offers.

2). Any Welder/Fabrication Doctors in Sussex..? I am as it happens a qualified TiG welder, but with zero experience, I qualified on the very day UK went into lockdown! I am looking to install similar to 'Ammo Can Panniers' need brackets fabricating....

All the same ...

:D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Capitano

Post by Capitano » Sun Sep 12, 2021 6:51 pm

You might have more luck meeting with Barker at the moment.

I'm a self employed electrician, and so busy Mrs Capitano has to make an appointment to see me! :lol:

BakerUK

Post by BakerUK » Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:39 pm

No probs,. notice you have a 24v e-bike on your profile, by chance are you up on cub bike electrics...? any thoughts re: 6v to 12v..?

Capitano

Post by Capitano » Sun Sep 12, 2021 9:01 pm

BakerUK wrote:
Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:39 pm
No probs,. notice you have a 24v e-bike on your profile, by chance are you up on cub bike electrics...? any thoughts re: 6v to 12v..?
There are far, far more knowledgeable folks than me on Cub electrics.

post your query in the electrical section and if anyone has any specific knowledge they'll respond.

BakerUK

Post by BakerUK » Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:46 am

Cheers for that, by chance do you know of any good mechanics in the area (Sussex/Brighton)...?

Capitano

Post by Capitano » Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:27 am

Sparks in Southwick (Lady Bee Marina) and KCs in Portslade.

BakerUK

Post by BakerUK » Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:25 pm

Many Thanks :-) :geek: :ugeek: 8-)