Hello - from a Velosolex owner who wants to branch out...

Are you new to the forum? Please come in here and introduce yourself, please don't forget to check out the rules as well!
MopedintheMalverns
Rides:: Solex 5000 and various vintage bicycles

Hello - from a Velosolex owner who wants to branch out...

Post by MopedintheMalverns » Fri Aug 20, 2021 9:59 pm

Hi - I'm Dave and I've got a Velosolex 5000. There, I've admitted it.
I'd like a faster, more useable machine for long-distance riding and the C90 seems to be the ideal machine. I did a YouTube vlog about my Solex called Moped in the Malverns and at one point I had 4, no almost 5 subscribers. Do watch it if you're really really desperate. I mean really desperate.
The Solex is great and has taught me a lot about small engine (2 stroke) mechanics but with a top speed of 19mph it is a bit limiting in modern traffic. It has got pedals though to be fair.
I'll be looking out for a C90 of any vintage and reading the forum avidly for advice. I learned very quickly with the Solex that you can get things very wrong and end up in many a mechanical pickle. The forum was a Godsend. This one will be essential.
So, there we are, thanks for letting me join and I look forward to being part of the club very much.
Dave

Capitano
Rides:: '92 C90, '97 Divvy 6, 36V home-built e-bike

Re: Hello - from a Velosolex owner who wants to branch out...

Post by Capitano » Fri Aug 20, 2021 11:06 pm

Welcome, Dave.

There's some crossover as we have a few Solex enthusiasts and owners on here, including DieselDave.

Good luck with your quest.

8-)

MopedintheMalverns
Rides:: Solex 5000 and various vintage bicycles

Post by MopedintheMalverns » Sat Aug 21, 2021 8:34 am

Ah that's great news! I'm 'Dave the Drummer' over on Velosolexclubuk.com. I've read a few posts from Diesel Dave I'm sure.
Thanks for replying - each time anyone new posts on the solex forum I reply to make them feel welcome and you've done just that. It's so easy to feel out-of-your-depth and a bit of a pain when you join a forum but C90club is definitlely looking up.
Now I've got to actually find one I can afford. Luckily I'm far more able with spannering since getting the moped and restoring my terribly rusty T25 VW van. One is like a sewing machine and the other like a Centurion tank!

Capitano
Rides:: '92 C90, '97 Divvy 6, 36V home-built e-bike

Post by Capitano » Sat Aug 21, 2021 11:32 am

There are a number of musicians on here, too, so again you are in good company.

I'm not surprised that you've encountered DD before. You'd be hard pressed to find anyone that frequented old school motorcycle forums that hadn't.

12V Cubs, which sound like the best bet for your needs, do pop up on here from time to time, and we do have a rule that they shouldn't be advertised cheaper elsewhere.

Sales are more prolific on the Facebook C90club sales pages.