Hopefully soon-to-be Cub owner!

Are you new to the forum? Please come in here and introduce yourself, please don't forget to check out the rules as well!
Thunderguts
Rides:: Cub

Hopefully soon-to-be Cub owner!

Post by Thunderguts » Sun Jul 11, 2021 6:10 pm

Evening all,

Thought I'd introduce myself; I'm Rob living in south Manchester. Currently ride a Honda VFR800X (2nd gen) and while I love that bike to bits, I feel a "companion bike" is in order, with a Cub a seemingly perfect contract (and a bike I've always been fond of too). I've (mostly) convinced 'er indoors it's a good idea so now it's a case of deciding on what bike!

So I think I'm pretty set on a 12v C90 . . . I do keep on contemplating the C125 but I'm less keen on the looks compared with the classic. Plus, I'm fortunate in that my motorcycling is a purely leisure affair so having transport that can be chucked out in all weather etc. isn't an issue - my Cub would be a fair weather toy and garaged the rest of the time.

Cheers - I'll doubtless be asking more questions, but in the meantime I'll also be watching the for sale section like a hawk. ;)

Rob

bikerbaker
Rides:: 1990 C90, 2016 Kayak 110, Riders Cub, 2xSV650, BMW F800GT, Buell XB12R CT90/110

Re: Hopefully soon-to-be Cub owner!

Post by bikerbaker » Mon Jul 12, 2021 11:06 am

Like yourself I have other bikes but the C90 still makes me smile, people comment on it more than the others, usually complimentary comments.

Apart from the time I took it to a Buell gathering in Dukinfield. I happened to be passing through with it on the back of my van and there was a group muttering and looking my way. I had to introduce myself (I was quite active on a Buell forum at the time), all was well after that. :D

Incidentally the reason I was passing through was to ride with the Preston Chicken Chasers (Geoff from Preston on here) which is always a good day out.