Downunder cubber checking in

Are you new to the forum? Please come in here and introduce yourself, please don't forget to check out the rules as well!
ellingly
Rides:: C90, CT110, VFR400, CB450, CH250, MS2R1k, GT250, RD250LC, TX650A, DRZ400E

Downunder cubber checking in

Post by ellingly » Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:30 am

Hi all.

Actually here as I monitor backlinks to various writeups I've done on my own site and saw someone referenced me cleaning/stripping down a C90 carb from a 1970s Aus spec Cub. I actually haven't done much with the bike since then but it's good to see someone found the content that I just throw out to the wind.

I also have written up/bunch of experience with CT110s, the venerable postie bikes in Australia. (Though now our postie bikes are, in fact, Cubs). I do love Honda singles... also in the shed is a CH250 Spacy scooter, a CB450 pile of parts I'll eventually get around to restoring, and a VFR400. That's the Hondas, also have a bunch of other motorcycles as per profile.

My Cub was found on a farm in a slightly full dam by a friend a long time ago, and then he sat it around under a tarp in his back yard for the better part of a decade before deciding I'd be a better custodian for it. Engine had some troubles from internal corrosion - it did run, but not well, and the shift drum was rusted in neutral. Pulled it apart, started fitting a 4 speed from one of the CT110s I have sitting around & eyeballed making it 12v to match some of my CT110 bits... and then I got a job 2300 miles away across the other side of the continent so I haven't done anything else with it.

bikerbaker
Rides:: 1990 C90, 2016 Kayak 110, Riders Cub, 2xSV650, BMW F800GT, Buell XB12R CT90/110

Re: Downunder cubber checking in

Post by bikerbaker » Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:04 am

Welcome to the forum. Old geezer here with some Cubs and others but not much mechanical ability TBH.

Pity your pic didn't load, most of us use Postimages.org to load images or as a last resort upload on the site with images res'd down to (I think) about 250kb. That doesn't always work with my phone images though.

My own 1972 CT90 postie lives near Melbourne and has a 110 12v and a few other mods. Very frustrating not being able to visit and just waiting for the Covid s**t to be over. My son has just bought a Triton camper so hoping I can get a rack for the back. Not told him yet but may have blown it as he is also on here. :D