engine packed up

Are you new to the forum? Please come in here and introduce yourself, please don't forget to check out the rules as well!
Milliegrowler
Rides:: c90,b king, zzr1400, tenere 700

engine packed up

Post by Milliegrowler » Sun May 30, 2021 7:27 pm

hello i am new here, i am hoping for bit of information, my 2001 c90 packed in yesterday, i reckon its the piston or rings or similar, i am not the most mechanically minded, i stripped it down enough to know its not fuel, or timing chain, its got low or no compression, i was going about 45 with wife on the back and it just conked out and that was that, if you put it in gear and push it, it makes all the right noises but wont go, if you take spark plug out and put finger in hole and kick it by hand there is a slight breeze at best, the flywheel turns when it kicks, nothing is seized. gutted its only done 15,000 miles and ive only done 600 hundred or so on it since we got it, it ran a charm up until yesterday, i have other bikes, but my wife is disabled and its the only one she can go on, thasts why we bought it, well that and i think they are cool lol but her being able to go out on it was the selling feature. is there anyway i can be sure whats wrong with it, find out how or where to get it fixed, i am based near scunthorpe uk, any information or ideas would be well received, or do i have to go down the stick a lifan in it route, i see i can get one for not much money, and seem idiot proof to fit, just seems a shame not to keep it on the original if it can be sorted. thanks in advance.

Capitano
Rides:: '92 C90, '97 Divvy 6, 36V home-built e-bike

Re: engine packed up

Post by Capitano » Sun May 30, 2021 7:52 pm

No reason why you can't do both, as long as you keep it legal with your insurance.

ie. Take your old motor out, and get it over to AlanCF. Stick a Lifan 110 in meantime, then refit the original motor when Alan has worked on it.

barker
Rides:: t80 honda90 nexus honda xr honda sh loncinyamaha vigaro 53suzukiaddress5

Post by barker » Sun May 30, 2021 8:32 pm

is there aspark ,and fuel reaching the carb , there the two things to check first,

Milliegrowler

Post by Milliegrowler » Sun May 30, 2021 9:17 pm

yes there is a spark and fuel, i stripped all that down and had a good look, decent spark on old plug, and i even put a new one in i had kicking about, so its not spark, for sure its lost compression, it always started 1st or second kick i am used to the amount of effort that took, now its very soft to the kick, i was doing it with my left hand so i could stick my finger in spark plug hole, i even tried putting some petrol in spark plugting the plug in again to check if it was a fuel problem, stripped card cleaned it, blew out the jets, but to no avail.

Alan CF
Rides:: CUB RACING small cc engine rebuilds crank repairs

Post by Alan CF » Sun May 30, 2021 9:19 pm

Hi, can sort it for you. Can even collect the bike and drop her back off.
We are in Chesterfield. Just of the m1 junction 29.
How I work is on my FB page CUB RACING.
Thank you.

Milliegrowler

Post by Milliegrowler » Sun May 30, 2021 9:29 pm

i have tried to join your fb page awaiting approval

Milliegrowler

Post by Milliegrowler » Sun May 30, 2021 10:01 pm

from what i see its £150 plus the parts, i can't see the parts being a fortune, sounds fair enough to me, from what i can see it looks like a new engine by time your finished with it, how or when do i go about booking it in with you, i take it your a busy man?

wightegi
Rides:: 12v 1988 e start C90,Royal Enfield Interceptor 650

Post by wightegi » Mon May 31, 2021 8:26 am

Alan is very busy ,with 100 million bikes to fix he may have time for yours in the year 3000 :lol: are you near to him ,stick a rough location in your details ;)

Milliegrowler

Post by Milliegrowler » Mon May 31, 2021 9:31 am

yes i am only an hour down the motorway from him in scunthorpe, i can fling it in the trailer, thats not an issue, its just how busy the chap is, thats the trouble when you find a real deal professional, everyone else has already found him first.

Milliegrowler

Post by Milliegrowler » Mon May 31, 2021 9:41 am

always a catch 22 situation, anyone who is available to do the job straight away is not up to the job, and anyone who is fit for the job, is snowed under with work for the foreseeable future, it speaks volumes in fairness, though it can be frustrating when you want your bike fixed, but better to wait for the right guy as just getting any guy.
just bought a new bike, running it in, went to book it in for its first service, 25 day wait, so its now also parked, same story, lose a month in summer on your new bike, or do it yourself and void warranty? just need to wait, joys of motorcycling :D