New to the forum

Are you new to the forum? Please come in here and introduce yourself, please don't forget to check out the rules as well!
nanito
Rides:: HONDA C90 Economy CUB 96

New to the forum

Post by nanito » Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:30 pm

Hello everybody! . My name is Mariano, I am 44 years old and I live in the city of La Plata, near Buenos Aires. I have purchased my first CUB 90 from the year 1996. I hope to learn a lot in this forum about this fabulous machine. regards

wightegi
Rides:: 12v 1988 e start C90,Royal Enfield Interceptor 650

Re: New to the forum

Post by wightegi » Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:26 am

Hi, Mariano welcome to the Club, photos have to be hosted elsewhere so your image will not show on here. Are there many Cubs around your area?

Guide to posting photos, a lot of us use Postimage ;)

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=26

knapdog
Rides:: '96 C90, '83 C90C, '98 Honda Valkyrie

Post by knapdog » Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:15 am

Great to hear from you, Marianas.
Hope my Patagonian brethren are staying Covid free, as yourself.
Are there many C90's around in Buenos Aires?

nanito

Post by nanito » Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:55 pm

wightegi wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:26 am
Hi, Mariano welcome to the Club, photos have to be hosted elsewhere so your image will not show on here. Are there many Cubs around your area?

Guide to posting photos, a lot of us use Postimage ;)

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=26
thanks for the welcome and for helping me with my images!
This is my motorcycle:

Here the C90 was marketed in the 90's. Almost everyone had one! It became an icon of that time.
The best-selling version here was the "Econo Power" with a round headlight, with a vintage design that emulated the early Japanese CUBs. Colors: neptune blue, monza red and spinach green.

These motorcycles were assembled in the province of Santa Fe, in the central region of the country. Around 1997, this model stopped being imported and was replaced by a square headlight model with more current lines and 12 v.

At first it kept the name "Econo Power", but towards the end of the decade it was marketed under the name "Super Cub 90".
Simultaneously, from 1996 to 2001, the C90 "Economy CUB" entered the country already assembled.

Square headlight and electric starter; in light coppery metallic colors (this is the bike I have); metallic blue shuttle and caramel ruby ​​red. Few units of this version were imported compared to the round headlight C90. I understand that it was manufactured for the European market, in fact its speedometer had been set in mph, when in Argentina vehicles use the unit km / h. I have seen that this model is very common in Europe; but especially in the UK.

regards!

nanito

Post by nanito » Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:12 pm

knapdog wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:15 am
Great to hear from you, Marianas.
Hope my Patagonian brethren are staying Covid free, as yourself.
Are there many C90's around in Buenos Aires?
Hello. I appreciate your good wishes, thanks
Unfortunately the situation here has become complicated. During the past year it managed to contain itself at "acceptable" levels. Then summer came and people relaxed in the care. Since the end of February it has been growing. Hospitals have been on the brink of saturation for a week. A new lockdown is being evaluated until the end of April to contain the infections. I hope the situation in your region is better and that all this ends soon
regards