Hi new member from Edinburgh

Are you new to the forum? Please come in here and introduce yourself, please don't forget to check out the rules as well!
alfiembra
Rides:: Cb400/4 cbr125r c90

Hi new member from Edinburgh

Post by alfiembra » Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:37 pm

Hi everyone

My names Alan and I’ve just acquired a 1990 C90 which is in a sorry state,
It’s partially dismantled and I don’t think it’s been on the road for many years, there’s no MOT history for it on the Gov.uk site so guessing maybe more than 10 years. The previous owner is a friend of mine who had it for about 3 years and never did anything with it, need to ask him if he has any more history on it.
It’s my first Honda cub but I’ve been riding and restoring bikes for many years so no worries about tackling this one but will be looking for pointers and information no doubt as I go.
Bigggest concern at the moment is the engine casings the 4 tapped holes for the foot pegs are bad, 1 is ok still intact, a second has the bolt sheared of in it and partially drilled out but the surround is cracked ready to break off, the other 2 have large chunks broken off them although there is still some thread left deeper inside the casing.
The barrel is very rusty and the cooling fins on the exhaust face have corroded away to nothing left.
Already thinking a new barrel and casings possibly required.
The engine number is HA02E-144082 if that gives you guys any clues also says 85cc on the barrel.
Anyway enough waffle hope to be posting regularly and asking lots of questions.
Cheers Alan.

wightegi
Rides:: 12v 1988 e start C90,Royal Enfield Interceptor 650

Re: Hi new member from Edinburgh

Post by wightegi » Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:34 am

Hi the HA number is correct for a 12 volt C90 :) the engine cases may be harder to find , the bolts are M8 with a 12mm head ,the Japanese do not use `13` in anything :o .