New member (Innova)

Are you new to the forum? Please come in here and introduce yourself, please don't forget to check out the rules as well!
PeteM
Rides:: Honda ANF 125 2005

New member (Innova)

Post by PeteM » Sun Jan 31, 2021 12:50 pm

Hello all,

So, after much faffing about (C90/CT/Thai Cub/old CB/Varadero/Shadow) I´ve recently picked up a 2005 Innova. I´ll have many annoying questions and great plans for the bike. First it shall be fitted with a massive front fairing, possibly a Gläser as there´s a cheap one for sale near me. Then, I´ll get another copy and transform it into a recumbent luxury tourer for glamping. There´ll be some welding involved. I´ve never really welded before unless one counts metalworking class in primary school some three decades ago. Well, how hard can it be?

I´m based in Flanders and my favourite colour is matte Soichiro-san shirt red. Even though I lived in the UK for years football leaves me baffled. What else can I say. Oh, this is my first motorbike. Well, how hard can it be?

I´m off now to be a good boy and read old threads. I have a copy of Haynes on order. Very exciting, my first post-Brexit order from Blighty. Let´s see if it ever arrives.

Pete

wightegi
Rides:: 12v 1988 e start C90,Royal Enfield Interceptor 650

Re: New member (Innova)

Post by wightegi » Sun Jan 31, 2021 1:31 pm

Hi welcome ,we seem to be having a few Innovas around at the moment . There is an article on streamlined Innovas on here and member Hightechpete has a recumbent bike ,is the glasser heavy ? and it would be wise to get some one to weld for you for your own piece of mind .

PeteM
Rides:: Honda ANF 125 2005

Post by PeteM » Sun Jan 31, 2021 1:39 pm

Yeah just finished reading Hightechpete´s thread. Very interesting indeed. I have a two-wheeled recumbent bicycle and had this idea when I spotted a bare frame Innova in a local scrapyard.

I do know a professional welder.

Link to the article?

wightegi
Rides:: 12v 1988 e start C90,Royal Enfield Interceptor 650

Post by wightegi » Sun Jan 31, 2021 1:53 pm

Pete calls his bike the Dreamliner viewtopic.php?f=13&t=20335&hilit=dreamliner lots of info there .

Stick a rough location in your details and the year of your Innova ;)