Introduction

Are you new to the forum? Please come in here and introduce yourself, please don't forget to check out the rules as well!
Sw1ssdude
Rides:: C100

Introduction

Post by Sw1ssdude » Mon Jan 04, 2021 11:34 am

Hello everyone,
I‘m a 33 year old engineer and Honda enthusiast from Zurich, Switzerland.

I‘ve had a lengthy series of honda bikes, and for almost 10 years, i own a honda c100, which i believe to be unique in switzerland. I have a hunch that this particular c100 was imported to switzerland by honda geneva, just to get a homologation for the swiss MOT/DMV registration, but since switzerland neighbours italy, we have always been a vespa-country, and the hondas didnt stand a chance here..

Anyhow, i always wanted to complete my restoration, meaning to get a title for it, and will make it happen in 2021. so i joined this forum, because i think i‘ll rely on your help, and maybe be able to help others.

Thanks for having me,
sw1ssdude

Dave48
Rides:: HondaC90-G(1992) Cub,Yamaha Tracer700(2016)

Re: Introduction

Post by Dave48 » Mon Jan 04, 2021 2:48 pm

Welcome sw1ssdude,
Was interested to hear about your C100 Cub.
I understand what you are saying about Vespas having more sales with your proximity to Italy. Perhaps your terrain had something to do with lack of sales as a 50cc motor would be working very hard on your mountain roads and at higher altitudes!
My wife comes from Schaffhausen and has family residing there. We hope to visit when the c-virus pandemic has passed.
Please post a picture or two of your bike. Best wishes Dave.

125erCrazy
Rides:: C125 Super Cub/Address 110

Re: Introduction

Post by 125erCrazy » Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:02 pm

Welcome Sw1ssdude,
Heres the place for you & your Honda & would love to see pictures of the places you ride 8-)