Hello all 1974 c70 I parked up in 1994 restoration project

Are you new to the forum? Please come in here and introduce yourself, please don't forget to check out the rules as well!
bb d
Rides:: 1974 Honda c70

Hello all 1974 c70 I parked up in 1994 restoration project

Post by bb d » Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:09 pm

Hi, All
bb here - Sheffield Park, East Sussex

In 1994 I parked my c70 in my parents' garage (with the mileage of 6000), clearing the garage with my dad this year we decided it was time to get it going and use it or to let it go - he bought it for me in 94.
The engine isn't seized and the bike is in good condition. I noticed the rear light cover is broken and the white box on the back is slightly misshapen. Planning to give it a service and decide after as to keep, or maybe trading - My dad needs a hard roof for his TR6 - or to sell?
I own a Renault 4, 5 and Mercedes Hymer so old vehicles are in the blood (I didn't mention the Kia Picanto - it has to go)..

will read through forums but am not planning to try and turn over until sure as the best way to do..

I bought the bike from a lovely lady who worked at the local bakery close to Pulborough in West Sussex, used it for 4 months before moving to Sweden and travelling for a good few years, thus it being left in my parents' garage, close to the boiler - nice and dry - surprisingly I put some air in the tyres, which stayed up and rolled it away.

Any advice - absolute no-nos etc as to what to do before starting will be very much appreciated

kind wishes

Bb

wightegi
Rides:: 12v 1988 e start C90,Royal Enfield Interceptor 650

Re: Hello all 1974 c70 I parked up in 1994 restoration project

Post by wightegi » Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:58 pm

74 C 70 ,is it yellow ?

The 74 was one of the best years with strange electrics as the light by the key hole comes on when you press the horn button the offside indicators should light up as well .Big valve head with hotter cam . Change the fuel the tyres will not be good so change them and the rim tapes after cleaning the rim on the inside to eliminate any rust ,change the oil for the best you can afford bike or car oil it makes no difference . Check the chain has no tight spots but they do not cost much to replace .
If you look at the Wemoto website and find your bike (74 C70) you can see what is available .