Hello again, two years have passed

Are you new to the forum? Please come in here and introduce yourself, please don't forget to check out the rules as well!
Scimike0
Rides:: 1986 C90 G Cub, Tiger 800, Yam TRX850 / TZR250, BSA Bantam D1

Hello again, two years have passed

Post by Scimike0 » Sun May 10, 2020 9:35 pm

Hi Everyone,
Hope you are all well in this strange time we find ourselves.
It was back in 2017 I said hello with my new purchase, a 1986 90 G which turned out to be in less than ideal condition. It had a little "bottom Rot" and exhaust studs held by glue just for staters, but I decided after a few posts and help from this forum to have a go at fixing it up. I called it "Patch" in homage to the proposed welding repairs. So I promptly took it apart and then strange times came and Patch got ignored in a box in the garage.

Roll forward to the strange times we have now and I suddenly found myself with nothing to do. Sitting the garage with a mug of coffee I suddenly remembered poor old Patch and started to reassemble the box of bits. The welding I had completed 2 years ago and had ordered replacement parts for some damaged items.
They say a picture speaks a thousand words:
IMAG0047.jpg
IMG_20200429_215209.jpg
1589141665876_IMG-20200428-WA0000.jpeg
The frame is 95% assembled but still some work on the engine and bent bits (foot rest etc) before they are fitted.
Funny find - A previous owner had fitted a "performance" cone filter complete with the storage silica gel bag, which I found jammed in the carburettor. This was a running bike at the time!

Going to have some questions I hope you can help me with, the devil's in the detail, and two years have passed so it's testing my memory as to where bits go!

Hello and thanks
Mike
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.