MD 90 delivered and it was dead

Are you new to the forum? Please come in here and introduce yourself, please don't forget to check out the rules as well!
Mailmale
Rides:: MD90

MD 90 delivered and it was dead

Post by Mailmale » Fri Apr 24, 2020 6:46 pm

Strange that the vendor omitted to tell me that it didn’t go and hasn’t for as long as he has had it. Silly of me to assume I was buying a runner I suppose :roll: call me old fashioned but I generally expect people to tell me if a machine I’m buying doesn’t work.

Anyway, half an hour later, I had it going after the usual process of checking spark and fuel. Had to resort to new petrol directly down the bore in the end as the old stuff is very very stale, it’s probably Japanese petrol, it has a very strange smell. Battery is zero volts so replaced that as well with a brand new Japanese one. No point trying to resurrect an obviously ruined battery.

Now starts fine, is kick start only, taken old petrol out and will use in the mower to get rid.

Replaced with fresh petrol, now runs on pilot but main is very boggy and won’t go over 45kmh. I’ve adjusted tickover just to keep her running but will properly set the carb up before going for MOT.

Tomorrow’s job is remove carb and put it through the ultrasonic cleaner whilst I check the valve clearances. Assuming there are adjustable clearances of course which I will read up on over breakfast.
At this moment I know nothing about the cub 90 engine but I’m an engineer and will find out.

Been up and down the private road and all good apart from the fuel starvation when the main comes into play.

Jolly good fun

Al

barker
Rides:: t80 honda90 nexus honda xr honda sh loncinyamaha vigaro 53suzukiaddress5

Re: MD 90 delivered and it was dead

Post by barker » Fri Apr 24, 2020 6:55 pm

sounds as if your coping with the c90 little problems good luck with the mot