Help with stolen bike.

Are you new to the forum? Please come in here and introduce yourself, please don't forget to check out the rules as well!
Cooperman
Rides:: KTM1190

Help with stolen bike.

Post by Cooperman » Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:42 am

Hi all. A customer of mine had his C90 stolen and then recovered. They've trashed it! Insurance won't pay because it was locked on his drive not in the garage. He is an old boy and been a customer of mine for ever. He used the bike to go back and forth to his allotment. He's lost without it. So we have decided to rebuild it free of charge and present it back to him but struggling on a few parts.
So it's a C90 1989 kick start model in red.
We need leg shield, top handlebar cover, clocks, front wheel and rear carrier. Not essential but would be nice to find one of the old white plastic square top box's. Will pay going rates for any of the above. If we can do this it will make him very happy and everyone involved a warm fuzzy feeling inside.
Many thanks.

bikerbaker
Rides:: 1990 C90, 2016 Kayak 110, Riders Cub, 2xSV650, BMW F800GT, Buell XB12R CT90/110

Re: Help with stolen bike.

Post by bikerbaker » Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:45 am

A worthy quest.

If you stick your location in your details you may instigate some local help. :D

Cooperman
Rides:: KTM1190

Post by Cooperman » Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:37 pm

Cooperman wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:42 am
Hi all. A customer of mine had his C90 stolen and then recovered. They've trashed it! Insurance won't pay because it was locked on his drive not in the garage. He is an old boy and been a customer of mine for ever. He used the bike to go back and forth to his allotment. He's lost without it. So we have decided to rebuild it free of charge and present it back to him but struggling on a few parts.
So it's a C90 1989 kick start model in red.
We need leg shield, top handlebar cover, clocks, front wheel and rear carrier. Not essential but would be nice to find one of the old white plastic square top box's. Will pay going rates for any of the above. If we can do this it will make him very happy and everyone involved a warm fuzzy feeling inside.
Many thanks.
PS we are based near Heathrow.

raybarber
Rides:: Honda SH300

Post by raybarber » Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:43 pm

Well done and good luck in obtaining the bits. An object lesson in Insurance Company cop-outs. My insurance does not cover theft within 400m of my home, unless locked up in the garage. Our Waitrose is around 500m by road but just under 400m, as the crow flies. No prizes for guessing what measurement they would use, if it was pinched from there!