suzuki stepthrough

Are you new to the forum? Please come in here and introduce yourself, please don't forget to check out the rules as well!
big jenk

suzuki stepthrough

Post by big jenk » Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:23 pm

Hi
I am new to this site but I have a query,Has anyone any knowledge of a Suzuki "Birdy" I can find it on google but cannot find any Suzuki dealers who know about it.It is a step through model of 50cc Similar in design to all the other makes.All the suzuki models I have found are 2 strokes but this is an o.h.c.4 stroke it runs fine but the clutch was slipping and I couldnt get the parts so I had to get it relined.Any help would be appreciated.
Cheers big jenk

Rickster
Rides:: MZ ETZ250, Vespa PX200E, Piaggio Typhoon 125, Puch MS50D, Yamaha Townmate T80

Re: suzuki stepthrough

Post by Rickster » Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:30 pm

Hi Big Jenk and welcome. It sounds like you might have quite a rare bike for English roads at least, though someone on here might know about them.
As far as I know the Birdy or the FB range replaced the two stroke FR Cutlass range in the early eighties, and I think it is still made today but not imported over here. Regarding parts and other info about the Birdy, I'm not sure about the best supplier and have even approached the VJMC about the Yamaha and Suzuki range of stepthroughs about this, as I'm a big fan of all stepthrough bikes. I suppose its worthwhile e-mailing as many former and present Suzuki dealers for info and have a look on auction sites such as ebay and see if anything comes up.
If I do find out any more I will let you know.

Newtsalad
Admin & site janitor.
Rides:: XL1200c, Cali III, C125,GS750,XV535,XL350,BN125,C90's,C200's,CT200,Little Cub's

Post by Newtsalad » Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:01 am

Hi Big Jenk, Welcome to c90 club! :D
With luck someone may shed a light for you. Maybe post a similar request up in 'Other Marques' too?
Cheers!

big jenk

Post by big jenk » Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:02 am

Thanks to all who replied .When I obtained this bike it had no registration document but I applied to the dvla and got the v5 so it is now registered,bonus!.
Cheers big jenk

C100 MAN
Rides:: C100

Post by C100 MAN » Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:41 pm

big jenk wrote:When I obtained this bike it had no registration document but I applied to the dvla and got the v5 so it is now registered,bonus!.
Cheers big jenk
Great news

Welcome to the forum

Steve :)