NeWbE saying hi great site!!!! :-)

Are you new to the forum? Please come in here and introduce yourself, please don't forget to check out the rules as well!
fula28
Rides:: Gsxr slabby 7/12 turbo c90e gs550 cafe/racer

NeWbE saying hi great site!!!! :-)

Post by fula28 » Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:38 am

Hi folks,
well First post an all hi there! Firstly have just been give an 85 Metalic gold (BRONZE) C90 in kit form and paint stripped too why teenagers idea of making it different but he got bored and found girls/beer ect.Did,nt we all? I had one of these in 80.s field bike think i was 12 or so, thought this would be great fun to have a blast form the past and a little tinker in the garage!!! I have gsxr 85 slabbie to but thats another story :ugeek: .

Anyway i digress its now myn and ready for some tlc and rebuilding restoration ect. Will get a piccy when the rain stops and show you all how nasty it looks well not that bad really just first imprressions.I am in need of few bits a seat and trottle tube/grip but have asked about this in wanted section.
ALSO the paint codes thing, i have no sticker to go from? and the code numbers are therefor not easy to find? Im sure some knowledgeable folk will no what colour it is as i would like to remain std colours really . Ive seen the PDF FILE but not really any use unless i have the code im guessing.
Great site with superb gen on it, am looking forward to getting into the rebuild meeting new folk. :)

Pjam
SPAMMER!
Rides:: C90, C70c, CB500, ANF125, A100 Bitsa

Re: NeWbE saying hi great site!!!! :-)

Post by Pjam » Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:48 am

Hi Fula and welcome to the board :D

Many thanks for the kind words, it's the contribution from members like youself that make the forum a success. Enjoy your project. :mrgreen:

The gold is a rare colour though funnily enough we've seen a few here recently! The code is in the 'Guides Section' somewhere, I'll have a look ;)

Pjam
SPAMMER!

Post by Pjam » Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:58 am

I've had a look and there's a few candidates :? British Gold Metallic = YR-152M, PB-2 DM Sunny Gold Metallic, R-23 EZ Candy Gold, NH-4 KC Starlight Gold.

I'm hoping someone can shed a bit more light on this?

fula28

Post by fula28 » Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:28 pm

Well thats great narrows it down don,t it!!! Cheers for you time doe,s anyone have an idea where the ident sticker could have been in past??? found the ole; battery one under the rh panel and chassis numbers on Lh alloy plate. i have 13272758 ha02- thats all i could find today. well painted the exhaust and tank today with heat proof and primer. Striped carb which was sooo furry inside no was it could have run last year just no way!!! And sorted choke but have no plug @ moment so no running not even a spark actually? :roll:
Do you need battery to get a spark thought magneto would give it some juice? Anyways learning about the c90 again been few years well 20 odd! LOL :lol:
Time will tell eah.

Pjam
SPAMMER!

Post by Pjam » Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:06 pm

Yeah, sorry, not much help with the colour code :oops: I think the code is, or was under the seat, sorry I sound a bit vague but it's a while since a had a modern Cub like yours, mine are old 6 volt bikes!

If the bikes been standing for a while the carb will go like that, take your time and do a good job on it cus they can be a bit awkward to clear the jets.

Your bike, unlike my 6 volter won't need a good battery to start. Glad your getting reacquainted with the Cub, their so rewarding :)

Rickster
Rides:: MZ ETZ250, Vespa PX200E, Piaggio Typhoon 125, Puch MS50D, Yamaha Townmate T80

Post by Rickster » Sun Oct 17, 2010 3:35 pm

Hi, welcome and good luck with the quest for the right colour.

fula28

Post by fula28 » Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:30 pm

Well finally after 3 weeks a eve,s in the garage she,s in one piece rather than various carryier bags and boxes. She,s had replacement arm,quicky rattle can paint job ,and throttle work including carb strip clean rebuild valves adjusted, oil- plug started 2nd kick and she,s sweet as no rattles smoke been off road 11 years so not bad really its my winter bike so hence the knobblys Vee rubber fit nice too may do front also but has michlie gazell @ present. Ain,t ridden her yet but will do in next day or so
The seat was totalled so got one with mint base and split cover so guy @ works making me one off leather cover with honda bit restitched back in nice touch.She,s not quite there still have rear light to do and maybe RH engine case as its bit ropey. 8-)

C100 MAN
Rides:: C100

Post by C100 MAN » Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:40 pm

Welcome to the forum.

Nice bike

Steve :)

Boo
Rides:: Elephant Grey 1967 CM90 based 'bitsa'.

Post by Boo » Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:29 pm

The paint code would have been on top of the fuel tank. Sorry - don't know the code, but at least you know where to look if you see another. ;)

Model is C90E by the way. Imported approx Feb '84 - Sep '86. Gold was discontinued here for the next model, C90G, leaving only the red or blue.