Hello from kirkham

Are you new to the forum? Please come in here and introduce yourself, please don't forget to check out the rules as well!
gagacol
Rides:: sidecar outfits

Hello from kirkham

Post by gagacol » Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:11 pm

Hello all,53 years old,disabled due to two damaged legs(m/cycle accidents)Also angina and type two diabetes,lifelong motorcyclist,last ten years or so,on sidecar outfits,now too much for me!!Daresay you will have heard this before,but,always fancied a little c90!!After looking on here its just reinforced my resolve to join in some of your 'bimbles'.Sold my huge sidecar outfit,taken a lump deposit,deal secured in 10-12 days,guy going on holiday,so as soon as he pays me the balance,I can begin looking seriously for a c90.A lot of my friends have tried to put me off,heard all the usual,ie-'everyone will laugh' 'your too heavy'(20 st) 'silly old sod' the lot,not taking a blind bit of notice!! I,m not expecting mind numbing performance,or white knuckle rides,just looking forward to enjoyable trips 35-45mph through englands green and pleasant etc.Not too much to ask methinks.Thats about it,except I will be on a budget of £500ish,should get me something passable.Hope to see some of you out and about,ASAP.Regards all,Colin. Oh yes,I am a complete barmpot,assume that helps!!

Pjam
SPAMMER!
Rides:: C90, C70c, CB500, ANF125, A100 Bitsa

Re: Hello from kirkham

Post by Pjam » Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:21 pm

Hello gagacol and welcome to the C90 Club :D

Being a barmpot well help, yes indeed :geek: Don't let anyone put you off, I think it's a good choice. You'll soon warm to the little bike if you get one and £500 should get you a reasonable one.
35-45 is a nice speed on a cub, you might want to get some Fuzz shocks, standard ones are not the best. And remember to keep up with the oil changes ;)

Let us know how you get on with your search :D

Pjam
SPAMMER!

Post by Pjam » Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:53 pm

How about this one, from a club member too :) viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2489

I'm not sure where Kirkham is? Bikes in West Wales I think.

gagacol

Post by gagacol » Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:11 pm

Yes seen this,not looking seriously until I get payed in full for the sidecar outfit.Kirkham is between preston and blackpool.My mate has a 1988 cub(used to be my wifes,should have kept it,she hated it,only rode it once) that his wife used until she got an innova,hoping he will sell it to me,but he's on hols for a fortnight,we shall see,was trying to avoid getting in to the bidding frenzy that seems to be the norm on ebay,I know they are popular little bikes,but they seem to go mad on there,and some of the buy it now prices are a bit high I think,I'm a patient bloke so I'm sure the right bike will come along.Ive heard conflicting arguments about which model to go for,I like the look of the older ones,but I hear that they were improved as time went by,should imagine I can find some advice on here somewhere!!

Pjam
SPAMMER!

Post by Pjam » Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:21 pm

I've had both the older and the newer Cubs, infact I've got 2 of the older Cubs at the moment. I would say the older ones have more style and there is something about them that makes them nice to ride but the newer bikes require less maintanance (no points) and they are quicker. A nice touch to the modern 90 is you can start with a flat battery!

We have members in your area :) are you near Boo in UFO valley? :geek: :geek: :geek:

EDIT. No, I see that's on the other side of Preston. :?

CeeGee
Rides:: BMW R80 Airhead, 1987 HondaC90, 1981 Suzuki GSX1100 & Occasional Sheep

Post by CeeGee » Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:47 pm

Cubstig lives out Preston way. The Northern chapter are numerous around there. :D

gagacol

Post by gagacol » Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:58 pm

Pjam wrote:I've had both the older and the newer Cubs, infact I've got 2 of the older Cubs at the moment. I would say the older ones have more style and there is something about them that makes them nice to ride but the newer bikes require less maintanance (no points) and they are quicker. A nice touch to the modern 90 is you can start with a flat battery!

We have members in your area :) are you near Boo in UFO valley? :geek: :geek: :geek:

EDIT. No, I see that's on the other side of Preston. :?
May be wise to go for a faster, newer one,if only due to the fact I'm a fat b******d!!!

Pjam
SPAMMER!

Post by Pjam » Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:55 pm

gagacol wrote: May be wise to go for a faster, newer one,if only due to the fact I'm a fat b******d!!!
Ahhhh, your too hard on yourself. An old 6 volter is great if it's a second bike or a project but the 12 volter is more practicle perhaps........... or get one of each :P
CeeGee wrote:Cubstig lives out Preston way. The Northern chapter are numerous around there. :D
Good to hear CeeGee. Lots of bimbles to be had then :D

takizakura
Rides:: honda solo

Post by takizakura » Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:32 pm

Welcome to the forum. I,ve got a c50, but then I'm half your weight, same age though. Post a pic when you can.