Honda Super CUB C90 - 1998 DeLuxe

Are you new to the forum? Please come in here and introduce yourself, please don't forget to check out the rules as well!
Dave48
Rides:: HondaC90-G(1992) Cub,Yamaha Tracer700(2016)

Re: Honda Super CUB C90 - 1998 DeLuxe

Post by Dave48 » Sat Sep 19, 2020 4:44 pm

Really enjoyed reading this and the excellent pics that went with the narrative. Keep up the good work!

RoadCar
Rides:: Honda

Post by RoadCar » Sat Sep 19, 2020 7:43 pm

I was doing my rounds on the forum. Discovered this topic the other day. Found it was one of yours, thought it would be churlish not to follow it. :) You did well to stumble across this Cub all those years ago. Are there many C90s in Romania? I see you said they weren't imported there. If this one manage to get there then others must have. Glad to hear your father getting on well with the Innova. Possibly the only one in Romania?

George
Rides:: '15 NBC110XD; '02 C90MT; '00 C90T; '99 C90CMX; '98 C90CWV; '96 C90T; KTM 990 Adv

Post by George » Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:28 pm

Dave48 wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 4:44 pm
Really enjoyed reading this and the excellent pics that went with the narrative. Keep up the good work!
Thank you Dave! :D
RoadCar wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 7:43 pm
I was doing my rounds on the forum. Discovered this topic the other day. Found it was one of yours, thought it would be churlish not to follow it. :) You did well to stumble across this Cub all those years ago. Are there many C90s in Romania? I see you said they weren't imported there. If this one manage to get there then others must have. Glad to hear your father getting on well with the Innova. Possibly the only one in Romania?
He he. I wish I could see your threads as you know all of mine. I should start looking. There were 2 back in the late 90s. One was sold fast and my one was not due to the dealer losing the papers for it. So 10 years later, I came along and they found the papers. They told me there were two initially and the only ones as they imported them from Turkey. So only 2 that I know of and not a model that was officially brought to Romania. And Romania didn't have official Honda Dealers till the late 90s early 2000. I saw one for sale and it was a C50... it was well used and he wanted 1500€ for it. Mine was 1266€ new and a C90 instead of the 50. And I saw one similar in traffic around Bucharest speeding with two up (maybe the same one). And my father told me that he saw one parked somewhere that I never spotted again. When I went to register it with the authorities, they had do make an individual registration to it and I had to supply all the technical details. That was expensive and took time, but they also said that this type of registration is only made for vehicles that are less than 10 in total nationally. So no, not many at all.

I found the brother of mine here on this forum as the owner was selling it and saw my posts here. He tried to sell it here on the forum and I did wrote to him that I wanted to buy it. He asked stupid silly money like 2500€ or around there and the bike was damaged missing some indicator lenses. I didn't argue as I could get a mint one here for that money and go to Morocco and back with what's left...

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=33533

This is the second one like mine that they sold in the late 90s! The VINs were consecutive! Don't know if he sold it.

And here is the original Innova thread: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=25267

I have never seen an Innova in Romania. These semi-automatics were never a thing there. I didn't even knew they existed till the Discovery Channel. So sad! Maybe the only Innova. My father paid someone to deal with the registration of the bike so we don't have any info on how that went. They did it and that was that.

RoadCar

Post by RoadCar » Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:13 am

Your a good narrator and you upload plenty of pictures :lol:

Sounds like the Honda dealer imported the two C90s specifically. Maybe the person wanted two originally? But could only have one due to the paperwork been lost. Pity we can't find out if the person who was selling the other 90 is the original owner.

I notice you and your father share the same number plate albeit different numbers. Is that because they are imports?

George
Rides:: '15 NBC110XD; '02 C90MT; '00 C90T; '99 C90CMX; '98 C90CWV; '96 C90T; KTM 990 Adv

Post by George » Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:45 am

There were 2, one was sold when they got them. They moved dealership location and lost the papers. They rebranded from a motorcycle dealership to a Honda Power Equipment dealership and the bike couldn't be sold due to the papers being lost. I came along almost 10 years later and as soon as I shown interest in it, they miraculously found the papers. :lol: Not sure if this person that was selling was the 1st owner... wait! Just found the chat! He bought it from a 78 year old man (in 2018). That person bought it new from Tora Motor dealership in 2003 and was new. Same year C90 as mine so it was sold 5 years later as the bike is 1998MY. Back when he wrote to me, the bike had 4500 km on the clock. Here are some pictures he sent me back in 2018:

Image Image Image Image

We don't have such a complex number plate system as the UK one back in RO. There is no reference to the year of registration. The rule is that the number plate starts with the county code. B stands for Bucharest and it's the only county code that has one letter. The rest are two. So Constanța County will be CT, Timiș Couty is TM and so on. Then you have 2 numbers and 3 letters format. These don't mean anything. So you can choose the numbers and letters by paying a very small fee (was 10£ a long time ago) or leave them as per the default system combination. They tell you what it is before you buy. I chose 91 cos 90 wasn't available for the B-90-HND. And HND stands for Honda as my mom started the trend when she first registered her Honda Shadow. So I went with the next available B-9X-HND as 90 was not available, so 91. My dad chose the 721 as these are his and my date of birth (day only) and HND as per the tradition. The new Bucharest number plate formats have changed recently as there were too many registered vehicles. You can only get a maximum amount of B-11-AAA combinations so they had to extend the numbers to 3 in order to get more combinations. I do not remember the exact date. My Transalp was B-680-HND as per the CCs tradition that I keep. The 91 should've been 85 as per the 85cc C90. But I only thought about it later. The 700 Transalp has 680.3cc. If it makes sense... :lol: I registered the Cub in 2008 and the Transalp in 2011. So they changed the format between these years.

RoadCar

Post by RoadCar » Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:13 pm

Seems a fairly straightforward system. Such a thing in the UK would cost £££ for a personalized number plate.

George

Post by George » Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:31 pm

RoadCar wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:13 pm
Seems a fairly straightforward system. Such a thing in the UK would cost £££ for a personalized number plate.
I guess when you have a very well number plate system in place, going against it just cos you want to, is more expensive than changing a purely random combination.

Spoke with the person that was selling the C90 mentioned above and he said that he sold it and regrets it. He wished that the person who bought it would sell it back to him but that person doesn't want to. :D

wightegi
Rides:: 12v 1988 e start C90,Royal Enfield Interceptor 650

Post by wightegi » Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:28 pm

The UK system is rubish with 3 numbers for every year just to try to sell more cars and confuse the used car market as no one knows what year is what .

RoadCar

Post by RoadCar » Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:02 pm

George wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:31 pm
RoadCar wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:13 pm
Spoke with the person that was selling the C90 mentioned above and he said that he sold it and regrets it. He wished that the person who bought it would sell it back to him but that person doesn't want to. :D
Ha!!!! Echoing the words of virtually everyone who has sold a Homda Cub.

George

Post by George » Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:19 pm

As mentioned on the Cross Cub 110 thread, I went to Romania in the summer of 2023 to visit my family. And whenever I go there to stay more than three days, I recomission my C90CWV. Got it out of the garage, changed the oil, and adjusted the valves:

Bought a new battery (every time I go back, I buy a new one since it's around 3 years between visits, and my father misplaced them all... :lol: ) I made sure I know where it is this time (I never leave the battery on the bike... it messes up everything inside the frame... ask me how I know).

I bought insurance, and gave it a good clean. It's interesting to see it with UK-specific elements. Only "pour les conaisseurs":

Image Image Image Image

And took it for an MoT:

I rode it around Bucharest but didn't have much time to ride it more than once on the last day of my visit. I was trying to get the clutch right on the CC110, and that took some of the trips I planned for the C90. Love this bike! It does need some better rear shocks as the OEM ones are undersprung even after I lost 10 kg. It also needs new tyres as they are the same ones from back when I was riding it to uni... that's more than 10 years ago. :shock: Still rode it like I stole it... :lol: