And I thought I was alone.......

Are you new to the forum? Please come in here and introduce yourself, please don't forget to check out the rules as well!
Norrie
Rides:: Lots of old 90s and one new(ish) CB1300S

And I thought I was alone.......

Post by Norrie » Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:15 am

Just found this site, God bless it! :D
I've been riding since 16 (now 56!) and never owned or fancied a 90 until a few years ago. Now I have 5 of the little blighters sharing garage space with another, larger Honda which carries my bulk round Europe twice a year.
Now I can look for advice and enjoy chat with someone other than those poor buggers at David Silver. Wahoo! :lol:

Norrie
Edinburgh

CeeGee
Rides:: BMW R80 Airhead, 1987 HondaC90, 1981 Suzuki GSX1100 & Occasional Sheep

Re: And I thought I was alone.......

Post by CeeGee » Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:46 am

There are lots of out there Norrie. I never thought I'd own a 90, but bought one for a charity trip. I fully intended to sell it directly afterwards, but after riding it all that way I developed a relationship with it - these bikes have character. Add to that all the good mates I have made thanks to little beastie, and now I love the damn thing, even if it has just conked out on me.

You meet the nicest people riding a Honda- none more so than on the humble cub! :D :D :D

Norrie
Rides:: Lots of old 90s and one new(ish) CB1300S

Post by Norrie » Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:07 am

Hey CG thanks for those comforting words. I'm regularly ridiculed by my mates!
I got my first one about 10 years ago when I went to buy a second-hand lawnmower and the guy talked me into buying it for £25.
It's a 1967 and, I believe, one of the early C90s into the UK. I threw it in the van and ignored it for years - until earlier this year (and after restoring several others) I got round to stripping off the blue Hammerite. :shock:
As Ronald would say, 'I'm lovin' it'.

CeeGee
Rides:: BMW R80 Airhead, 1987 HondaC90, 1981 Suzuki GSX1100 & Occasional Sheep

Post by CeeGee » Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:46 am

Oh, my mates take the Mick all the time. I simply don't care- they're slowly coming to accept it as one of my eccentricities!