Hello from Ireland - Honda Site for Events

Are you new to the forum? Please come in here and introduce yourself, please don't forget to check out the rules as well!
Newtsalad
Admin & site janitor.
Rides:: XL1200c, Cali III, C125,GS750,XV535,XL350,BN125,C90's,C200's,CT200,Little Cub's

Re: Hello from Ireland - Honda Site for Events

Post by Newtsalad » Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:12 am

honda50run wrote:howdy - so how did the run go for you guys? I'm interested to hear all about it :)

Brian
Hi Brian, in a word- blinding! A truly fantastic weekend, the guys & girls off cub90 are legend! You've got to put it in your diary for next year, Rhayader is Glastonbury for Cubs!
I'll forgive you for not turning up- even though on the strength of which | took a 50, 8-) , and was the only one! :shock:
I think that because it's not a club as such, with no hierarchy, treasurers, chairman, wan***s, etc. everyone is so unpretensious, it just works! There's no Menial Thargoids trying to become Tin Gods, no -one trying to ingratiate themselves with anyone else, it was just so refreshing!
As a boring old 50 year old, I have to say, I wasn't embarassed either by any antics, there was no gratuitous swearing, no loud music, no donuts roaring around the campsite, and as the last to leave, I can tell you there wasn't even a trace of litter.
Yet given the above, it was FAR from boring, I laughed until in tears at some of the antics! it was an amazing gathering of like minded people, and A.G as the youngest one there did not feel out of place. Cubs unite the princes and paupers, (as if u can tell which is which...)and the old and the young.
Also what I found interesting was meeting people who had NEVER posted on any of the boards! It seems for everyone who posts, there is one at least who only reads!
In fact, one such person had bought a Cub solely to join in the sheenanigans! (and hasn't been disapointed!)
So to EVERYONE who reads this, try to be at Rhayader (Raider) next year, even if you have to get a train, and begs a 'backie'. ( I took a spare helmet....)
Cos' it was b+**+Y great!