Re-introduction.

Are you new to the forum? Please come in here and introduce yourself, please don't forget to check out the rules as well!
zeddie
Rides:: kawasaki z1, honda c90

Re-introduction.

Post by zeddie » Sun May 24, 2020 11:46 am

Hi, introduced myself in 2017 so thought, as it's been so long I better have another introduction.
As stated in my previous post I bought a rather tatty beaver brown c90 with no paperwork.
Progress to date??? None, no excuses just lack of action on my part.
On that note with a view to making a start I hope you don't mind me asking a number of questions regarding restoration as I haven't a clue where I'm going with this.
I'll post questions in the discussion section hopefully I'll get all the info I need to crack on. Thanks.

knapdog
Rides:: '96 C90, '83 C90C, '98 Honda Valkyrie

Re: Re-introduction.

Post by knapdog » Sun May 24, 2020 11:59 am

Good luck. You'll get loads of help but don't forget to use the "Search" button first as most areas will have already been covered .

wightegi
Rides:: 12v 1988 e start C90,Royal Enfield Interceptor 650

Post by wightegi » Sun May 24, 2020 1:58 pm

Did you get any paperwork yet ? if not read this viewtopic.php?f=21&t=34441

zeddie

Post by zeddie » Sun May 24, 2020 2:52 pm

Thanks for the info, regarding getting the reg from the DVLA data base I contacted the DVLA and they inform me they don't keep records that far back. Are they just being unhelpful or is there another route to getting the original reg? Obviously for historic reasons I would love to have the original.

Hightechpete
Rides:: Streamline Innova,Honda Shadow,Jialing 70,C100,Honda 400,Helix

Post by Hightechpete » Wed May 27, 2020 8:47 am

If you know the reg number, you will need evidence that it belongs to that bike,. Contact the historic vehicle record department of the local authority where the bike was originally registered for the original document. They charged me about £2 for this service.
Fill in form V55/5 (This is considered a late registration and there is no fee) and send it to the 'buzzing club' along with photos of the bike and chassis number and evidence of registration, they will send it on to the DVLA, if you're a member I think the fee is £12.
If everything is in order you will get your V5 and the total cost is around £15, cheaper than applying for a new log book.

On the other hand if you don't know the reg number I'm afraid you'll have to register it with an age related plate, the process is similar, and the DVLA will charge you £55.

zeddie

Post by zeddie » Wed May 27, 2020 9:32 am

Thanks, don't know the reg but all I know is it had a black number plate so pre '74? The stick on numbers are long gone as is the front number plate. I can make out some of the numbers in the rust/paint mixture on the back plate but can't see the rest.
Ive got a few leads and waiting for replies so hopefully get somewhere soon.

Hightechpete
Rides:: Streamline Innova,Honda Shadow,Jialing 70,C100,Honda 400,Helix

Post by Hightechpete » Wed May 27, 2020 9:51 am

It's worth persuing the original number, either way the number will not be transferable, but you will save £55, so good luck.
How about some photos ?.

zeddie

Post by zeddie » Thu May 28, 2020 1:10 am

Thanks again, very helpful advice. I'm very busy with work at the moment and the c90 beast is in my lock up two miles away will post photos at the weekend if I get chance. I'll warn you she ain't pretty.