Dragon Short Write up

Discuss general riding stories and adventures here.
Bogger
Maintenance Stasi
Rides:: 3 x C90,BMW R1200st, BMW R80RT, Honda Mode , Super Cub C125A, Yamaha Majesty 250

Dragon Short Write up

Post by Bogger » Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:46 pm

The Dragon rally was a very chilly affair. Particularly during Saturday night. At one point I woke up frozen :shock: and edged as far as I could into the lower recesses of my ‘winter’ sleeping bag. When I go again next year I will definitely be taking two sleeping bags. By the way I had two T shirts on my thermal long johns, two pairs of socks, a wooly hat and a white neglige. No I didn’t, it was black actually :lol: . Well enough of being cold, what actually happened. Not much really we had a quick drink and went to bed…..after we had been knife throwing, talking to nearly everyone on the site who came over for a chinwag, admiring the ‘Pete Mahal, a true vision in blue etc etc.
I think we started drinking a bit too early, when I say we I mean Newt. He really lived up to his name…As p****d as a Newt :shock: :shock: :lol: . I now fully understand this phrase. We didn’t end up in a fight with any other campers, just ourselves really. Newt took an instant dislike to his bike and told everyone that he had some unfinished business and then went and kicked the s**t out it :o :o . This was fine except it wasn’t his bike he was kicking it was Swims :o :o :o :o :oops: . Now Swim is a pleasant lad and is one of lifes calmer figures, luckily. He enquired as to why he, Newt, was wreaking havoc on his beloved machine :? :?: . It took a few seconds, as it would after two bottles of Glenfiddich for Newt to realise that in the dark frosty night he had selected the wrong bike. He was err umm, how shall we say, most apologetic to say the least :oops: :oops: :oops: :lol: and Swim being the man he is fully accepted the apology and they went on to discuss at some length the strength and indeed excellent build quality (good job they are really) of the Honda Cub. Earlier on that evening we had cooked ourselves something to eat as I was dying to try out my homemade ‘Trangia’.
Proper stove this :lol:
I don’t know why but when I came to light it everyone took a couple of large steps backwards and winced :?: . It was however a triumphant success. No one or their belongings, was incinerated, which by all accounts is a small miracle. I did hear the muttering, keep Bogger away from the knifes and the fire and the drink and the bikes and the other campers :D . A bit unfair I thought.
Next time we go camping no one else is taking a tent, only Pete and as he christened it ‘The Blue Mahal’ as he thinks it bears a striking resemblance to the Taj. To be fair it did, it’s b***y massive.
Petes and JJ's tents
Oh one thing to add about the weather, it was dry :D and mainly windless discounting the wind emanating from various trouser departments :oops: . During the cooking session Swim was smugly :roll: cooking his sausages on his ‘proper’ Tragia. Just before they were fully cooked, he got up, fetched his bottle of meths (Tranjia Fuel, Not drink, hic) and proceeded to empty it all over the sausages :shock: :shock: :o . Laugh, our sides split more that his sausages did. He still doesn’t know why he did it. I do, he’s puddled.
Delia Swim strilkes again
We cooked ourselves a chicken curry and rice later on it was proper nice. In an effort to save weight most people had purchased whisky, rum or the like. I think Black Country Pete is a budding alchemist as he kept pouring various concoctions into a metal beaker and warming it up on his stove. Strange folk these Brummies.……………Oim not a Brummie, oim from the Black county oi yam. Yea whatever. :lol: :lol:
A few of us later in the evening decided to go down to the marqee and listen to the bands. Alan a fellow Irish Cubber came with us, nice bloke. We resisted the burger van for as long as possible but failed miserably in the end.
Swim and Russ....Shhhhhhmokin
We did get one classic story whilst down there. It involved this lads drinking session with his fairly recent partner. After said drinking session they made their way back to his prospective father in laws house, where they were staying for the night. That was the good bit. During the night the lad wanted to go the toilet and being somewhat intoxicated and disorientated with the unfamiliar surroundings took a wrong turn and ended up in said prospective father in laws bedroom and proceeded to urinate over him whilst he slept. We nearly fainted with laughter. Beats the wardrobe any day. Apparently this incident is never mentioned over the dinner table, I wonder why.
We made our way back to camp and had a little bit more to drink, just to be sociable like. Newt was already in the land of nod and I think I was next to hit the sack. I have no idea what time the rest got to bed? The Dragon is a cracking rally, everyone is there to have a good time with no aggro. We all had a few walks around to have a look at the other bikes and chat to the owners in the daylight hours. It’s great to hear their biking history and jaunts abroad etc. There is plenty to look at, a bloke had even turned up on a Lambretta. Think of a bike and it was probably there. If I go again I think I will stay over on the Friday night as well, just to make a long weekend of it.
A cold morning after a cold night
It was of course one long p*** take and we wouldn’t have it any other way. On the Sunday when we woke there was a very heavy frost and the thermometer was reading –4 degrees. We has a cracking breakfast of bacon and sausage with no meths mishaps etc. It was a leisurely pack up and load and we trundled out of the site at about 11.30 am. Just as Salty woke up. We did fear for him at one point but there was the occasional grunt from his tent so all was well. Everyone had a brilliant weekend, the site was literally in the middle of nowhere, it was well organised in a non organised sort of way. I for one can’t wait for next year. A proper good time. Get your tickets booked.

Bogger

Bogger
Maintenance Stasi
Rides:: 3 x C90,BMW R1200st, BMW R80RT, Honda Mode , Super Cub C125A, Yamaha Majesty 250

Re: Dragon Short Write up

Post by Bogger » Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:57 pm

Oops forgot to ad this classic :?: :?: :?: of Ceegee
Good God the mans hot, or wants burning....one of the two ;)

Bogger

Newtsalad
Admin & site janitor.
Rides:: XL1200c, Cali III, C125,GS750,XV535,XL350,BN125,C90's,C200's,CT200,Little Cub's

Post by Newtsalad » Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:36 am

A reet crackin' account Bogger! Nice one! Shame I missed half of it..... :oops:

Pjam
SPAMMER!
Rides:: C90, C70c, CB500, ANF125, A100 Bitsa

Post by Pjam » Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:33 pm

Thanks Bogger, that is a brilliant post and well chosen photos. :D

milly1964
Rides:: c90-160 fzs600x8 kt250x2 XR600x1 Ossa 280i

Post by milly1964 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:39 pm

Three of us trundled up from Milton Keynes Early Sat on C90's, Got to Shrewsbury, and the £50 cub ate its big end big time! But still ran! Being a true hero, he managed to get recovered to the campsite, and arrived at 7.30pm, about an hour after us. Amazingly, it started and he clattered up the hill right to the top! We set up on a grassy knoll amongst the tree's, with a great view over the site.. never knew just how capable a cub is off road! And yes, that was a very cold nite, my first real winter nite in a tent. The ex Marine in our crew pointed out that to stay warm in a sleep bag, you have to be nearly naked so that your body heat is trapped in the bag, wearing thermals etc traps the air next to the skin, the air in the bag stays cold... sort of understand that, and wish he'd told me before bedtime and not at breakfast! We got the terminal cub running, and it very nearly made it to Conwy, had to tow him the last mile... which earned us a tug by the local stazi... left him there to be recovered again, and set off home.... he still beat us back though! ( he's just ordered a Lifan 110 auto engine complete) Our first trip on cubs, great fun, especially as mine would cruise at 55mph on the flat, off to Le Mans in April with more friends that have bought cubs, should be around 7 of us. Great site by the way.

Newtsalad
Admin & site janitor.
Rides:: XL1200c, Cali III, C125,GS750,XV535,XL350,BN125,C90's,C200's,CT200,Little Cub's

Post by Newtsalad » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:37 pm

I was ambling back with hard won water supplies, when I heard 'Newt!, Newt!'
I see the three C90's and headed over.
You obviously had your going home heads on, as we didn't get to chat!
I did have time to clock the sorry state of one particular Cub, and thought: 'That won't get far!'
I grilled the chap who called me as to who you were, I knew there was a Milton Keynes posse from here attending, but he didn't have a clue, but told me the breakdown story.
Anyway, it's good to hear from you, very sorry I didn't get to make your acquaintance, and perhaps you can make the Matlock run?
All the best, Newt.

milly1964
Rides:: c90-160 fzs600x8 kt250x2 XR600x1 Ossa 280i

Post by milly1964 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:00 am

Hey newt, must've been one of the lads that adopted us when we were there! Brings out the motherly love seeing us on the humble cubs! Let me know when the Matlock run is, we'll try to get there. The run to Le Mans that were doin will include quite a few green lanes/mild off road sections, should be good as we plan to be dressed as superheroes! I've bagged the silver surfer outfit....

aliengravy
Site Admin
Rides:: Shiny 1987 Honda C90c in red! Cbf600n

Post by aliengravy » Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:39 am

milly1964 wrote:Hey newt, must've been one of the lads that adopted us when we were there! Brings out the motherly love seeing us on the humble cubs! Let me know when the Matlock run is, we'll try to get there. The run to Le Mans that were doin will include quite a few green lanes/mild off road sections, should be good as we plan to be dressed as superheroes! I've bagged the silver surfer outfit....
In here, come along!! Should be a good laugh :)

http://c90club.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=905

kevinhancock750
Rides:: africa twin 750 c90

f-kers nearly had it!

Post by kevinhancock750 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:51 pm

had an excellent weekend! but some f-ker had to spoil it!
had a great time at the dragon with a lovely ride up in the sun through the heart of wales, a good pi** up with a good laugh especially when newt went kicking the wrong bike! pmsl! was really nice to meet/chat with people from here and put faces to names etc. the ride back although a little colder was just as enjoyable and the trip was 330 miles altogether.my first and enjoyable spin on a c90 but the fuel range is crap! anyhow i got back to swansea and went to my parents house as they aint seen the cub and my mother thought i was joking when i said i was taking it to snowdonia! parked it outside the window and put on the steering lock,went inside and openened the blinds for my dad to see as he's disabled. my mother went and made coffee and i left the blinds open as i had stuff on the cub. mum arrived with coffee whilst looking out the window at cub. she sat down and 30 secs or so later when she looked it had gone!!! the bikes gone she said, me thinking she's joking just laughed as i stood up and it were'nt there!! aaaarrrrgggghyhhh F-KERS i shouted running out the door and to the left down the road as there's a path leading into rough estate behind. they must have heard me coming as they just dropped it in the brambles at side of the path and i got it back!! LUCKY!!
on a lighter note, anyhow some pics i took on the weekend.
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=4 ... b984ebd1e8

CeeGee
Rides:: BMW R80 Airhead, 1987 HondaC90, 1981 Suzuki GSX1100 & Occasional Sheep

Post by CeeGee » Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:51 pm

Robbing little bastards, just goes to show how quick it can happen- glad you got it back matey.