Lake District Camping....In December????

Discuss general riding stories and adventures here.
Bogger
Maintenance Stasi
Rides:: 3 x C90,BMW R1200st, BMW R80RT, Honda Mode , Super Cub C125A, Yamaha Majesty 250

Lake District Camping....In December????

Post by Bogger » Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:29 pm

Camping in December :o Oh why not. We had planned it some time ago. It must have been back in Summer :lol: . Us lot in deepest darkest Lancashire do not like to do things the easy way. I can't remember a run out when it wasn't p*****ng down :? . So Weekend of the 5 Dec we went camping. Good God it rained. In fact it never stopped. In fact it rained so much we just had to stay in the pub (in the middle of nowhere) till 2 in the morning :shock: . JJ doesn't take a tent, he has a permanent one on site, made out of wood :oops: . I decided to take some fairy lights to keep in the festive spirit. JJ's shed looked like Santas Grotto

The next image is of four forlorn tents. You can't see but I can assure you it was pouring with rain.
The mounts for the weekend were 3 12v Cubs, a Diversion 600 (Swim has temporarily lost the Cub love) and a seventies CD175 which JJ is fettling for a foreign trip.
All went well till Wigan Bob's back wheel collapsed on the way home. Luckily in a pub carpark. No seriously :lol: .
We had a great weekend and personally I can't wait till the next mad camping trip, which will be the Dragon Rally in Feb...camping of course. Lets just hope it snows. ;)

Bogger :D

Newtsalad
Admin & site janitor.
Rides:: XL1200c, Cali III, C125,GS750,XV535,XL350,BN125,C90's,C200's,CT200,Little Cub's

Re: Lake District Camping....In December????

Post by Newtsalad » Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:25 am

Bogger! You went without me! Sob Sob! (Actually I was building the new lounge (Motorbike garage) extension on the house, So I couldn't make it any way! However, thanks for sharing the pics, I printed them off and went for a walk in the rain with them earlier, trying to imagine how it felt. Do you think it felt the same as when I took a pic of JJ's CD 175 to bed with me?
T'was my first bike.....
Cheers!
(Ps, Don't suppose you fancy taking my place next week, do ya?)

Bogger
Maintenance Stasi
Rides:: 3 x C90,BMW R1200st, BMW R80RT, Honda Mode , Super Cub C125A, Yamaha Majesty 250

Post by Bogger » Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:32 pm

To be honest Newt I'd love to do it. But work :cry: home :cry: Cub rebuild :shock: etc etc. I'm right out of Brownie points at the moment. The final straw was drying out the tent in the conservatory for 2 days :o . Water all over the laminate flooring :? :roll: Mrs Bogger is over it now....just.

Bogger

Newtsalad
Admin & site janitor.
Rides:: XL1200c, Cali III, C125,GS750,XV535,XL350,BN125,C90's,C200's,CT200,Little Cub's

Post by Newtsalad » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:53 pm

Nice one Bogger! Well it's scratch next week for me, and I reckon I can scratch the following week for warming up! Took Su Christmas shopping today, it was really good fun! I got a rubber squeegee goes on the finger of your glove to wipe the rain away, good as last time I was out my glove got wet through from wiping my visor, I got two packs of tie wraps, we went to Cotton to pick up an in line fuel filter, I got a new D.I.D 420 pitch chain, 4 rolls of fluorescent tape, two in line fuse holders, an electrical switch and a plate to mount it on, a nice fuel line T piece, some new clutch springs, some new clutch nuts, some gaskets, a new tappet cover, all in all we had a lovely time Christmas shopping didn't we Su?
Su?

SU?

SU!

Excuse me one minute, I think I heard the front door slam......
:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Swim41

Post by Swim41 » Sun Dec 20, 2009 6:52 pm

It was a great trip, but then a trip to the the Field always is.

Bring on the Dragon Rally.