Rosedale valley and Goathland

Discuss general riding stories and adventures here.
horobags
Rides:: PCX 125, Vision 110

Re: Rosedale valley and Goathland

Post by horobags » Tue Jan 01, 2019 2:15 pm

do the cbf shocks make a big improvement?? the innova looks a minter ,how many miles??

Wuyang
Rides:: None at present

Post by Wuyang » Tue Jan 01, 2019 3:09 pm

horobags wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 2:15 pm
do the cbf shocks make a big improvement?? the innova looks a minter ,how many miles??
About 11300 ish miles......it’s tidy ish.......but rough enough not to worry about. My white inj innova was bloody tidy......I’m incapable of enjoying a mint bike and thinking I’m loosing money on this when I sell it.... :)
It’s got a bit bot of rust on swinging arm etc. Had to laugh I noticed a cobweb in the instrument panel... :lol:

Wuyang

Post by Wuyang » Tue Jan 01, 2019 5:22 pm

horobags wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 2:15 pm
Forgot to mention......I don’t mind the standard innova shocks, but I now generally upgrade straight away as my lower back ain’t great.
I have the original cbf125 shocks ( not pattern ) on the softest setting and find they give a more composed ride over bumps. They’re the best shocks I’ve had on my little step through and I’ve had a few different type including hagon. I don’t think you’ll notice a massive difference like upgrading the cub shocks, but it’s worth doing. You do however have to swap the top innova 10mm bush into the cbf. I just push the metal insert out first then the rubber bush comes out easy.
Prices vary from around £16 -£40. I have in the past done many miles on standard innova shocks quite happily.

I’ve yet got to put my airhawk on the innova.....although the seat on this one ain’t too bad.

horobags
Rides:: PCX 125, Vision 110

Post by horobags » Tue Jan 01, 2019 5:45 pm

great, thanks for that, mrs horobags will be pillion on the odd occasion so cbf shocks might be an upgrade worth while for me.

Wuyang

Post by Wuyang » Tue Jan 01, 2019 6:32 pm

horobags wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 5:45 pm
great, thanks for that, mrs horobags will be pillion on the odd occasion so cbf shocks might be an upgrade worth while for me.
Definitely be a good upgrade then for sure.

I’d need a trailer if I took mine. :D :lol: :lol: .

Wuyang

Post by Wuyang » Tue Jan 01, 2019 8:31 pm

I have a thing about Last of the Summer Wine too and always try to visit Holmfirth when visiting friends in Yorkshire.
:D
[/quote]

Holmfirth, that was a regular route a friend and I used to go ( used to live not too far away )....along with holme moss, wynscarr reservoir, strines, Casleton, snake pass etc.

We had a bench we used to sit at about 8 mile way from holmfirth.....we called it stinky bench because when the wind was blowing the wrong way all you could smell was gut churning rotten flesh, I believe from a farm I heard made glue from bones....could be wrong. Anyway I was heading up to the bench one day on the bike and I noticed a group of people on the opposite side of the road to the bench. They had put a temporary bench on the opposite side to the stinky bench to film Last of the Summer Wine......they did this so the view I would normally be looking at from stinky was now the back drop view over the casts shoulders who were sat on the bench......they wouldn’t have stayed long if the wind direction had changed.... :D :lol: :lol: .

Last I heard the farm was getting taken to court regarding the smell!