killarney cork honda 90 trip june 2016 ireland part 4

Discuss general riding stories and adventures here.
shayshondacub90
Rides:: 1998 honda cub 90

killarney cork honda 90 trip june 2016 ireland part 4

Post by shayshondacub90 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:30 pm

next morning bank holiday monday it was day 4 of the biking weekend and we were heading for home .
only 5 riding the bikes back as they dident fancy return leg and put bikes in van going back to kildare..
so me and 4 others toped up bikes with oil and petrol and setoff and weather was still nice and pleasent.
we had agreed 40 mile stops as some bikes in the group were very old and one was a restored 1967 aussie postie bike
not taking any motorway routes back to dublin we had to take the scenic route and passed tru a lot of towns and places iv never even heard of ;)
if we at the front got a little ahead of the others we would pull in untill the slower ones caught up.
but around cahir tipperary we were stopped for 10 minutes and the others were nowhere to be seen..
doubling back one of the lads had ran out of petrol and just waited knowing we would come back and that i always carry a little petrol for emergancies..
topped up we head to nearest petrol station and it was packed full of bikers returing from killarney bike fest..
i spoke to one english guy on a wonderfully coloured harley davidson and he told me he came over for the bike fest in killarney having met some irish bikers
last year in the states when he went over to do route 66.
his bike was out of this world and he told me it cost 32,000 (sterling) :shock:
and was a one off colour scheme..
drooling over we said our goodbyes and hit the road as we had a lot of road to cover..
when we eventually got back to kidare we had racked up 170 miles and i said my goodbyes but i still had 35 miles to dublin where i lived..
so off i went and at 630 pm i landed in dublin and had done 205 miles since i left killarney and a grand total of 645 miles since friday morning
and for once it hadent rained a drop all weekend which is a rare thing in ireland
im already looking forward to my next adventure out on the bike which is hopefully the paddy dakar in sept a weekend of camping fun in doon in limerick but will continue to use the c90 on a daily basis going to work
regards from ireland
shay :)

knapdog
Rides:: '96 C90, '83 C90C, '98 Honda Valkyrie

Re: killarney cork honda 90 trip june 2016 ireland part 4

Post by knapdog » Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:13 pm

Well done Shay. Any pics of your trip?

shayshondacub90
Rides:: 1998 honda cub 90

Post by shayshondacub90 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:15 pm

knapdog wrote:Well done Shay. Any pics of your trip?
loads of pics cant put them up here for some reason go to facebook if your on there and
have a look .

DocDocDoc
Rides:: C90, ZRX1200, KTMXC400, MG 850T

Post by DocDocDoc » Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:51 pm

What's the Paddy Dakar?

Thanks

..........................................................................................................................................

Diesel Dave
Rides:: 1965 Enfield Diesel, 2017 Sterling, Modenas Kriss and CT200 - the only Cub left

Post by Diesel Dave » Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:11 pm

DocDocDoc wrote:What's the Paddy Dakar?

Thanks

..........................................................................................................................................

A serious off road event where KTM's get beaten by C90's