Tomorrow's the big day

Discuss general riding stories and adventures here.
Hamish Rowe
Rides:: 1978 C50 Super Cub

Tomorrow's the big day

Post by Hamish Rowe » Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:41 pm

I get to finally ride my new cub!! DVLA doc's back, new plate being picked up in the morning, tax done and insurance sorted, it's like Christmas!!

I'm sure this will then follow with anther flood of technical questions on here on subjects such as 'wobble' or' slipping bit's' or 'something rattling/not biting'!! :lol:

urbanfireblade
Rides:: Ducati Monster 696, Kawasaki GPZ500s

Re: Tomorrow's the big day

Post by urbanfireblade » Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:04 pm

That first ride will definitely put a smile on your face. :P

jerrydevon
Rides:: Honda C90 Cub 1989 & FZX 750

Post by jerrydevon » Sun May 01, 2016 12:23 pm

Although I have two large bikes, I still smile more on my Cub which I've had for 7 years. It's not just a ride out, it's an adventure as you 'feel' the entire journey and it's a companion rather than a machine. I visited my daughter yesterday in Bath which was a round distance of 250 miles, and despite having an exhaust nut missing, which produced a bit of a blow, achieved it without a second thought (my coccyx was hurting though as I'm out of practice). Loved every minute. Happy riding!

dmw1950
Rides:: Enfield Hunter 350/CB125F/Silverwing 600/Vespa250GTS

Post by dmw1950 » Sun May 01, 2016 12:59 pm

Riding a small bike well, makes riding a big bike a doddle. It's really good training and I think you know you've had a bit of a workout after the ride.

Leiba
Rides:: Red C90.

Post by Leiba » Sun May 01, 2016 2:40 pm

So where are you Hamish Rowe!
How did it go?

Hamish Rowe
Rides:: 1978 C50 Super Cub

Post by Hamish Rowe » Tue May 03, 2016 9:18 am

Leiba wrote:So where are you Hamish Rowe!
How did it go?
Went really well thanks I collected the number plate at 12 sat day, fitted it and that was it off I went... within about 5 meters the chain fell off - turns out you need to do the back nut up ALOT tighter than I did!! :lol:

So, I spent another hour going back over every bolt/nut etc. that I had undone/adjusted and got the rear wheel as straight as I could by eye and once again off I went down the road... what a fantastic little thing the cub is! I've done about 80miles over the last 3 days and loved everyone of them, it's an utter joy to ride :mrgreen:

I have found a couple of things I need to sort though,

- The neutral light bulb just blows out - maybe a short? there are alot of redundant wires behind the headlight
- The speedo doesn't work... I'm assuming there is a cable from the gear box to the speedo?

Gratuitous pic of me and the bike (it looks so tiny!)...
IMG_4123.JPG
:D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.