allenwood honda run march 20 2016 ireland

Discuss general riding stories and adventures here.
shayshondacub90
Rides:: 1998 honda cub 90

allenwood honda run march 20 2016 ireland

Post by shayshondacub90 » Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:48 am

my first venture out on bike since last october was going to be a honda 50 run in kildare
a mere 35 miles away i left my house at 8am as i was going to my pals house for tea/and catchup.
trying out my new go pro type camera i hit the road and weather was nice and dry .
loving the backroads on sunday in ireland only traffic here is skinny people on bicycles and church traffic.
hour or so later give or take id arrived at my two buddys house (husband and wife cub lovers)
we chatted drank tea and planned our 2016 trip to ring of kerry .
bikes checked for oil we set off and we were meeting another group of 5 bikers along the road to allenwood which was about 5miles away.
finally we were on the road 8 of us on a selection of 50s and 90s and some dident look road legal :?
we all arrived at allenwood g a a club and bikes were starting to arrive and 70 bikes turned up in total by the time we were ready to leave.
some very interesting bikes had come along and they were chopped by very creative minds :shock:
any way it was all for some fun and helping out local charitys so all was good.
we set off eventually about 12,30 and my go pro type camera was in recording mode and i got a bit carried away and got a 30 minute long video
i put it unedited on youtube cant see many people watching cub video that long but you never can tell..
our first stop was after 20 miles and we enjoyed the sun and filled up bikes and had some more tea as you do. ;)
a guy from my job turned up on his new bike a 2011 1,600cc harly davidson and you needed sunglasses to look at it it had so much chrome :) :)
he too is looking forward to his first bikefest in killarney in june and is going on the lovely new harly
we set off after 30 mins or so and done another 30 miles and this brought us back to start point(50 mile run today)
hot food sandwiches and appletart waiting for us on our return and we had the usual raffle then at 4pm i was heading home in glorious sunshine..
not being in a mad rush home i decided to take the scenic route home which was 45miles and arrived home at 6pm much to my familys surprise(usually much later)
id had a lovely day out on the cub90 in lovely weather and i look forward to my next honda run in rooskey roscommon in 2 weeks time
regards from ireland
shay :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Diesel Dave
Rides:: 1965 Enfield Diesel, 2017 Sterling, Modenas Kriss and CT200 - the only Cub left

Re: allenwood honda run march 20 2016 ireland

Post by Diesel Dave » Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:10 am

Jeez Shay - you must go through some rear tyres.... :lol: