South-West Ireland on small Hondas....

Discuss general riding stories and adventures here.
spikeyboy60
Jehova Empress
Rides:: 1975 RD200A-2018 Kawasaki X 300-1973 C70 1982 C90C 1982 Camino

Re: South-West Ireland on small Hondas....

Post by spikeyboy60 » Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:29 am

airhead_eire wrote:
spikeyboy60 wrote:We were there in Late May...Ring of Kerry ride...what a great holiday and a fabulous place to ride a bike....loads of roads with NO traffic at all for miles :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Also nice to have people pull over to let you past if they're slower than you...we soon learnt to do the same and it made things much more chilled :D :D :D :D
The Ring of Kerry is pretty close by to the Beara peninsula with similar roads and scenery - a really nice spot too !
Were you on the Honda or a bigger bike ?
I was on the Innova.....coped fine with everything :D :D :D :D :D :D

airhead_eire
Rides:: '99 Cub 90 & Airhead BMW's....

Post by airhead_eire » Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:22 pm

That's the thing about that region, it's so hit and miss with the weather. The views are spectacular but it can change so quickly.
Mist and fog just ruins the whole thing. The Ring of Kerry trip looked great for you ! I've been there many times but yet to do it on the
Cub.

bebel
Rides:: Honda Innova 125

Post by bebel » Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:43 pm

I'd would love to visit Ireland. But whith my wife i'd never do it by bicycle or Innova. Only with car renting and bed and breakfust. I prefer motor bicycle or bicycle (2 roues in French) that's because with 2 roues, y are in the landscape. and with a car I feel like that if i am in a box.

airhead_eire

Post by airhead_eire » Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:59 pm

bebel wrote:I'd would love to visit Ireland. But whith my wife i'd never do it by bicycle or Innova. Only with car renting and bed and breakfust. I prefer motor bicycle or bicycle (2 roues in French) that's because with 2 roues, y are in the landscape. and with a car I feel like that if i am in a box.
Just make sure you come in the summer months.......you might have some chance of no rain then !!! :D

Newtsalad
Admin & site janitor.
Rides:: XL1200c, Cali III, C125,GS750,XV535,XL350,BN125,C90's,C200's,CT200,Little Cub's

Post by Newtsalad » Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:48 pm

Susan and I stayed at Lauragh, for ten days last autumn. I took the 90 on the back of the car.

We had heard a lot about The Ring Of Kerry and couldn't wait to do it. It was a disappointment. :(

The ring of Beara, on the other hand, was absolutely stunning! Ring of Kerry is for coaches and cars, but the unspoiled beauty of the ring of Beara, will only be enjoyed on a bike! :D :D :D

airhead_eire

Post by airhead_eire » Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:22 pm

Newtsalad wrote:Susan and I stayed at Lauragh, for ten days last autumn. I took the 90 on the back of the car.

We had heard a lot about The Ring Of Kerry and couldn't wait to do it. It was a disappointment. :(

The ring of Beara, on the other hand, was absolutely stunning! Ring of Kerry is for coaches and cars, but the unspoiled beauty of the ring of Beara, will only be enjoyed on a bike! :D :D :D
Quite true - the Ring of Kerry can be quite busy with tourist traffic unfortunately. My Cub 90 was bought on the Beara peninsula....a good omen !