Roadcraft says..

Discuss general riding stories and adventures here.
johnnomates
Rides:: Honda C90

Re: Roadcraft says..

Post by johnnomates » Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:35 am

To be honest cornmek1, crashing or avoiding a crash is part of the appeal of motorcycling, living on the edge, O.k not to close to the edge, but you know what I mean.
To be a competent motorcyclist, you need to have experiance.
Riding a motorcycle has always been dangerous, so it does not matter if you are commuting or traveling to the other side of the World, you're putting your life on the line.

Statistic are only numbers, you intubrite them if you wish, eating bacon can give you cancer! So am I going to stop eating bacon, well I'm 68 and bacon has not killed me yet, motorcycles are dangerous, but not one has killed me ether!

I must add that I have 3 guardian angels, working shifts!!

I had a spill in July, while on my may from Bradford to Brands Hatch on my 110cc C90 at 40mph on the A1 dual carriageway south of Newark (No hard shoulder), the rear tyre deflated very quickly, in fact after the very first sign that the rear felt odd, and before I could say supercalafragalisticexpiala-fecking-doshus! I had been high sided into a slip-road, hitting the deck very hard, and the wee Honda following me in, out of the way of a normal busy Thursday afternoon two lane traffic.

The Honda just had broke an indicator lens, and bent the off side foot rest, I had a ruptured tendon in my little finger, and a broken bone in my elbow, so not a bad day. The point I'm telling you this is, that none of this is in RoadCraft? I digress here a moment, If you really want to get the best out of Roadcraft, then join an advanced riding course, then Roadcraft really does make very good bedtime reading.

Sorry to put the mockers on this 'Statistic' thing, but It's all down to lady luck! You live or you die. Dramatic stuff, but Life is dramatic, one moment your up ready for your dinner, the next you're down, sitting on a grass verge, onto really sure how you survived that, and talking to people who have stopped to make sure your O.k.

Did it put me off riding? No way! I'm free out on my wee Honda, looking, seeing, not only enjoying looking at the flowers, but on steep hills, seeing them grow!!

So forget Statistic, ride the shit out of your bike, we are only here once, and if you're meant to go, then go smiling!!

Ride safe.

John Stanley.

Newtsalad
Admin & site janitor.
Rides:: XL1200c, Cali III, C125,GS750,XV535,XL350,BN125,C90's,C200's,CT200,Little Cub's

Post by Newtsalad » Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:30 pm

If your number's up John, your numbers up. You can't dodge the Grim Reaper.

He'll drop a 50kg frozen piss lolly from a jumbo jet 7 miles high on a cloudless day, that'll crash through the roof of your house and take you out if he wants you. ;) :D

horobags
Rides:: PCX 125, Vision 110

Post by horobags » Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:29 pm

:lol: :lol: well put Jim.

johnnomates
Rides:: Honda C90

Post by johnnomates » Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:23 pm

You make me so jealous Newtsalad? You have a real gift, being able to put that in a nutshell, you sweet talkin dude you!! :D :D :D :D

teatank
Rides:: dutch bicycle and 97 c90

Post by teatank » Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:20 pm

50 kg piss lolly....Absoloute classic!! are you a professional writer? Love it!

Newtsalad
Admin & site janitor.
Rides:: XL1200c, Cali III, C125,GS750,XV535,XL350,BN125,C90's,C200's,CT200,Little Cub's

Post by Newtsalad » Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:06 pm

Well.... I did genuinely kiss the Blarney stone at Blarney castle on the 22nd september..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh.... And I've been reading 'The Tin Drum'. 8-)