CORNISH MAFIA

Discuss general riding stories and adventures here.
passengerpidgin

CORNISH MAFIA

Post by passengerpidgin » Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:31 pm

So one morning, I decided to hitchike from Leominster, Herefordshire, to Redruth, Cornwall & purchase the definitive 'UNKNOWN QUANTITY' a 1990 C90 sprayed black, with CORNISH MAFIA proudly displayed on the front. And then to attempt to ride it back!

THe furthest I ever ventured on my currently trashed first C90 was to Hereford & Back. About 30 miles.

This is my route, 289 miles! And that doesn't account for at least 40 miles of detours and tootling along going completely the wrong direction. So I got to the bike, handed over the wadge and made a very slow messy oil change(must pack funnel next time) and then off I went Moments of interest: Redruth fill up flat tyres at petrol station then ride off straight off the curb in wrong gear without my helmet. Beginners Nerves!! Back light turns out not to be working and dark setting in, yet I have to make it to St Just, where I'm camping. Absolutely bloody terrifying, though the High Viz jacket I cunningly clothed my rucksack in seemed to do the job. From now on daylight is the key! I get to the campsite in pitch black darkness, and find my tent incomplete and have to sleep the night with a tent sagging on my arse on the grass frozen & damp chewing great clumps of bread and sardines like BOUDU, saved from drowning.. Wake up at 5 am, no one up and about at the campsite to pay, but time is of the essence. To Lands End for the photo call. Oh well, I now realise the sign only works 9-5, no snaps for me. Get to St Ives with the sun beautiful merciful giving me a tan while my innercore still frozen damp and barely able to stand up or roll a cigerette
Barnstaple. Stop for ph...antom piss thinking someone is wanting to overtake Turns out no one was, didn't even need a damn piss. Lose phantom ignition key in long grass and spend 45 phantom minutes on hands and knees searching for the f*****g thing including stripping out a urinal to see if i dropped it down the drain! Errgh. True determination ! Gotcha! Highbridge Somerset - blow rear tyre, abandon bike at Crossways Inn, hitchhike to Bristol including walking 5 miles along the side of the M5 looking for a layby! Caught a train back the next day to Burnham whereupon a genius company named 'Dog Motorcycles' decide to pick me up in a van from the station, find the bike, stick a new tube in her, and off we go again, all for tuppence. Hooray! Stayed another night in Bristole consuming vast quantities of Red Stripe and debating the future of Hereford Utd--> Cambridge Gloucestershire - Engine Cuts out doing 50 with some serious tailgating shenanigans. Roll bike up the road to a layby. Get out the tool kit and rub the chin. Frown. Aaggh. Sccreech. Bep Bep. Take out battery & Spark Plug. Frown. Put them all back in again. Few phone calls. Hmm. Roll bike down hill like a goose taking off, put in gear and Voila! Broom BRoooom. Ledbury, hugh screaming noise from engine & smoke pouring out. Oh dear. More Panic calls. Cool her down and trundled off all the way home no problems to the local, looking spangly mediterranean in the sunshine. Mine's a Peroni, and the last lady I spoke to before embarking happens to be sat right there outside the pub, in disbelief. (In this town, for someone to actually DO something that they were talking about in the pub the night before is tantamount to witchcraft! ON the ducking stool with yer..)A drunk stumbles up to the bike. 'who the bloody hell's is thaa? I'd rather ride an 'airdryer than tha' 'I got that goin up to 60 mate!!' 'I'd get an 'airdryer up to 60!' 'Why don't you f**kin ride yr hairdryer down to cornwall then!?' One has growun wings. . Feel like I can go anywhere now. !

Will upload some more photos when able if anyone's interested. Next up I think this starts to amble drunkenly toward the 'Projects' section... :) :? :?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

herrod
Rides:: C50 cd90z 600 Rotax flat tracker.

Re: CORNISH MAFIA

Post by herrod » Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:36 pm

amazing! true determination :lol:

Pjam
SPAMMER!
Rides:: C90, C70c, CB500, ANF125, A100 Bitsa

Post by Pjam » Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:55 pm

I guess you'll make it to Rhayadar OK then :P

I hope Jerrydevon's reading this? ;)

Newtsalad
Admin & site janitor.
Rides:: XL1200c, Cali III, C125,GS750,XV535,XL350,BN125,C90's,C200's,CT200,Little Cub's

Post by Newtsalad » Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:37 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Love it! Already a seasoned Cubber! That mixture of stoicism, remarkable fortitude, resilience, and resourcefulness, and a good sense of humour!
I look forward to meeting you! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

aliengravy
Site Admin
Rides:: Shiny 1987 Honda C90c in red! Cbf600n

Post by aliengravy » Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:40 pm

Good effort!! What an adventure :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

passengerpidgin

Post by passengerpidgin » Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:20 pm

Some rubbish pictures for you
Well. It'll do!
Gonna make you an offer you can't refuse.
New Quay
Bertie Hi-Viz
Last edited by passengerpidgin on Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

passengerpidgin

Post by passengerpidgin » Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:26 pm

Toilet Stop of DOOM
Raynauds Syndrome or just too much hangin on at 90mph speeds...? ;)
Hello Hello
Roadside Picnic
Back in Lemner!

passengerpidgin

Post by passengerpidgin » Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:32 pm

Now, we're entering Project territory.. Follow I beg of thee..

passengerpidgin

Post by passengerpidgin » Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:31 pm

this way please . . . . viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1479

:)

Blackcountry Pete
Rides:: The clown bike, Burgman400,SH300,STD 50 Cubra

Post by Blackcountry Pete » Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:57 pm

Wel done that man :D