aliengravy and maverick do their CBT!

Discuss general riding stories and adventures here.
aliengravy
Site Admin
Rides:: Shiny 1987 Honda C90c in red! Cbf600n

aliengravy and maverick do their CBT!

Post by aliengravy » Sun May 03, 2009 1:00 pm

Yesterday (Saturday the second of May) me and maverick went to Ipswich in sunny Suffolk to do our CBT. For both maverick and me it was the first time we had ridden motorbikes on the road, and for maverick it was the first time he had ridden a geared bike!
We started off in a school car park practicing gear changes and clutch control, then figure of 8's around cones, and eventually some junction practice. Then it was out onto the road for us both. Being a Saturday it was a busy day in town, we both had been car drivers for 2 years so we had a small amount of road knowledge all we had to do was master the machine. Maverick had a small amount of trouble with gears, and we both struggled with remembering to cancel our indicators.
It was a nice day, we rode from 10AM to just gone 4PM so it was a long day, and we both passed :D

Now on to bigger and better adventures................

fizzydaze
Rides:: Honda Singles

Re: aliengravy and maverick do their CBT!

Post by fizzydaze » Mon May 04, 2009 10:41 pm

Well done lads for your great choice of bikes!!! You wont ever be let down by your trusty Cubs, just remember regular oil changes with decent motorcycle specific oil and your bike will last years.... Happy Cubbing!! :ugeek:

aliengravy
Site Admin
Rides:: Shiny 1987 Honda C90c in red! Cbf600n

Re: aliengravy and maverick do their CBT!

Post by aliengravy » Mon May 04, 2009 10:56 pm

I have always loved the C90, I have a C90 powered garden kart, as well as using a C50 for a field bike, I have always liked the fact that they just keep going! I too am pleased that i can now ride one!
Covered 100 mile today around Suffolk (despite the cloudy weather) at 118MPG :)
Write up and pictures will come later :)