Late type seat

RE-OPENED :)
Jon

Re: Late type seat

Post by Jon » Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:44 am

Yes, the catch is to the left rear of the seat. You put your hand under the rear and push the catch to lift the seat

Cerberus73
Rides:: 2000 C90-T, 86 MZ ETZ 250, 02 Yamaha DragStar 1100A, 90 Suzuki VX800, Honda P50

Post by Cerberus73 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:41 am

right i will check out these 2 seats i got if there any good i will do a trade, i will need to check condition of the seat pans as all i gave them before i loaded them into my mates car was a cursory glance. so ill haul them out of me storage cupboard and see what nick they are in. i know you will need to bolt off the catch as the seats i have don't have them fitted, nor the hinge, as they are fitted to bikes at moment, so you would need to retain your own catch and hinge at front.

Jon

Post by Jon » Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:01 am

OK...I'll try to send a shot of the base later if that'll help...

Jon

Post by Jon » Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:04 am

seat pan.jpg
Yes, front hinge, rear latch. Maybe it isn't a Passport but it looks like one and is the right length...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Cerberus73
Rides:: 2000 C90-T, 86 MZ ETZ 250, 02 Yamaha DragStar 1100A, 90 Suzuki VX800, Honda P50

Post by Cerberus73 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:41 am

that catch is on the wrong side mate, and to far over, it should have a lever sticking out from edge of seat by a good inch or so so its easy to open. that won't be much use to me, i will just mod one of my existing seats, at least then i can be sure of retaining the correct fitting. also doubts the seats you did order from thailand will fit as they are usually made for the earlier rear hinging type bike. not the later square lamp machines.

Jon

Post by Jon » Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:58 pm

OK...No problem... Actually it's no effort to unlatch, you just reach under slightly and lift your fingers...The latch is on the side where one gets off too so it's no less ergonomic than in the centre.

It still latches quite happily on the rear seat support. I don't think it matters where it latches as long as it does...The only thing 'wrong' if you like is that there could be a bit more rubber on the buffers as it is a tad loose when latched...it chatters slightly. A couple of layers of inner tube rubber superglued on would fix that.

No sweat if you don't want it... I ordered a seat from Ebay last night ...It'll need a recover but it's all there. I may well re-do the little Passport seat myself...Seat covers from the US are dirt cheap it seems and it's quite a nice idea to have a long solo seat with space for luggage...Especially as I don't like racks!

Jon

Post by Jon » Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:09 pm

I've just checked on Ebay... it's a 1980-83 ish C50, C70, C90 Passport seat... here's one... item number 360284723536. Same latch, same seat pan.

...And HOW much!!! Anyway... i'll see if i can get a deal on two seat covers from the States...

jon