Rides:: CUB RACING small cc engine rebuilds crank repairs

C50/C70 WANTED

Post by Alan CF » Mon May 09, 2011 6:35 pm

WANTED C50/C70, WOULD LIKE...A clean bike if pos, :D
engine could be in bits or seized, as i rebuild engines,
worked for Mickman Racing for a few years, (cat hill barnet) north london,
thanks,

Cerberus73
Rides:: 2000 C90-T, 86 MZ ETZ 250, 02 Yamaha DragStar 1100A, 90 Suzuki VX800, Honda P50

Re: C50/C70 WANTED

Post by Cerberus73 » Tue May 10, 2011 12:55 am

Hmmm if your good at engine rebuilds to a professional standard, you could make a few quid doing some... mines needs a rebuild lol

Alan CF

Post by Alan CF » Tue May 10, 2011 6:01 am

no probs, did not want to upset the astab and offer my svc as it would seem that i was only infor it for the dosh :oops:

Alan CF

Post by Alan CF » Tue May 10, 2011 6:11 am

will replace exhauxt valve, rebore (grampian motors) new conrod kit and clutch plates, full gasket set, (hi level)
now with the full gasket set you get the valve seals so they will be done aswell,

HOW MUCH WOULD THIS COST YOU :?: ( I WILL NOT DO OLD C90ZZ 6V ( I HATE THEM WITH A PASSION ) :evil:
i can hand have done them, but just dont like them :cry:

if anyone has heard of koreli bikes in north london, I used to fit Tinas conrods and do the rebores,

Pjam
SPAMMER!
Rides:: C90, C70c, CB500, ANF125, A100 Bitsa

Post by Pjam » Tue May 10, 2011 10:27 am

CONROD-FITTER wrote:no probs, did not want to upset the astab and offer my svc as it would seem that i was only infor it for the dosh :oops:
Takes a lot to upset us here so I doubt you'll do that :) ........... unless you start spamming :lol: Actually you might be able to help out fellow members here, if the cost is reasonable of course.

Alan CF

Post by Alan CF » Tue May 10, 2011 6:36 pm

ok thanks,
if admin give me the nod, that i may post as a svc provided, then i will do, (i will post pics of my workshop soon)
just to assure people its not in a wooden old greenhouse with a set of spoons,
there will be many options,
option one
send me the engine, i will do it all, (and let me put your mind at rest) i have a couria who will post a cub90 engine anywere in the uk for about a tenner (will post the link later)

option two
send me your cylinder and crank
i will get it rebored with A JAP PISTON never use china or tywan piston,
fit conrod and new main bearings, (and ballance)

Alan CF

Post by Alan CF » Thu May 12, 2011 6:38 am

heres were the works done, bought most of mickmans tools when he retiered,

3 sps boring bars are now sold, as its cheaper to post of to another shop.

Newtsalad
Admin & site janitor.
Rides:: XL1200c, Cali III, C125,GS750,XV535,XL350,BN125,C90's,C200's,CT200,Little Cub's

Post by Newtsalad » Thu May 12, 2011 11:29 pm

CONROD-FITTER wrote:no probs, did not want to upset the astab and offer my svc as it would seem that i was only infor it for the dosh :oops:
No rules and no rhyme nor reason to this conundrum really. We've outed pretty much everyone who's popped up solely to sell.
We've got members trading to greater/lesser degrees, from single items, to one current member who admits to being a trader, but I feel has a love for the bikes, rides the bikes, and members have come by bikes because of him. So he's tolerated but always open to review.

Fuzz does some bits and pieces through his 'Cubbitz', but it's not his livelyhood and look at his post count! :D

All I will say, is whatever Admin decide to do, goes. We watch dealings pretty closely, and our priority is our members and what's best for them, those selling as well as buying, we want everyone to be treated fairly.

We don't have time to arbitrate between buyers and sellers, we pretty much remove arguments from open forum while encouraging members to sort it out via PM's. In the event it can't be sorted, the arguments may at admin discretion be reinstated and stand for all to see. (We don't delete stuff, just move to a holding area not visible to members ;) )

So if anyone is offering services, firstly, they ought to be contributing to the forum, and secondly, members need to be benefiting from it. We do have two partnerships running, with Opie oils and Sky Insurance. They don't contribute to the content of the site, but have been invited because they have been amenable to offering members substantial discounts.

So an enthusiast offering services to other enthusiasts, I reckon is ok, but, the members will be your judge, and don't expect Admin to clear up any mess that doesn't go your way!

Clear as mud? :? :o :? :shock: :? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Alan CF

Post by Alan CF » Fri May 13, 2011 7:06 am

it sure is :D

im on another forum under the name as DT50MX (admin) as i restored one not long ago, (now sold)
forum name is called (sixteener-speciels) ss50/fs1e/ap50/pc50 atc...
im a laser printer engineer but did my city and guilds in m/c many moons ago at a bike shop in southgate north london
called moto magiqe (carter m/c) then left and went onto mickman racing,

im not after erning a wage from doing this work as you said, i love these bikes and want to pass on my knowlodge
on the other forum ive done a step by step breakdown how to rebuild your own crank,
but i know many peeps may not have access to the right tools or machines.

what i pos will do first is offer fitting admins conrods for free to see if there happy with my work,
post me your cranks and kit or i can get the kit for you, so your just looking at the post costs,
:) (Dont send a box full) :D :?

hows that sound

Harry Notts
Rides:: C90ZZ C100 The Hound/SuBo.

Post by Harry Notts » Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:12 pm

Hello Alan,I have a Wuyang 125 crankshaft that needs new main bearings.I know a lot of people don't like to touch the Chinese motors,so I'll understand if you are not interested,but I only live down the road from you(Sutton Junction)and I wondered if I could bring it over for you to cast an eye over,with no obligation? My mobile number is 07825 978391 Cheers,Andy.