Wanted Rear Rack Bits

RE-OPENED :)
User avatar
George
Posts: 1605
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:07 pm
Rides:: '15 NBC110XD Cross Cub; '02 C90MT; '00 C90T; '99 C90CMX; '98 C90CWV; KTM 990 Adv
Location: Royal Leamington Spa, UK

Wanted Rear Rack Bits

Post by George » Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:27 pm

I have a rear rack like this one:

Image

And I need the spacers and the indicator brackets for it which are these:

Image

I've found in the past some tubes that I could cut to size, but when I asked for a quote on a website that would laser cut the brackets, they wanted £100 for 10 brackets. I only need 2...

Any ideas? Does anyone have them laying around?

Thank you!

George M.

User avatar
JohnS
Posts: 1279
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:39 pm
Rides:: .2019 Honda C125
Location: Rugeley,Staffordshire

Re: Wanted Rear Rack Bits

Post by JohnS » Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:36 pm

Can’t they be made using a hacksaw and drill?

User avatar
bikerbaker
Posts: 2076
Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:35 pm
Rides:: 1990 C90, 1986 C90, 2016 Kayak 110, K1&K6 SV650S, BMW F800 GT, Buell XB12R
Location: Rochford Essex

Re: Wanted Rear Rack Bits

Post by bikerbaker » Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:37 pm

I don't have a spare set any more but do have a set hanging on the shed wall that go with one to be refitted one day.

If it's something for a pattern you need I could scan one on a grid or even post you one for a look see. I even contemplated knocking up a pair out of 2mm flat bar myself at one stage.

You obviously know the bolts are m8 80mm long and the spacers 50mm long.

User avatar
steveST100
Posts: 1794
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:04 pm
Rides:: 1983 C50LAC 1976 ST100 1980 ST70
Location: Clitheroe Lancs

Re: Wanted Rear Rack Bits

Post by steveST100 » Wed Mar 03, 2021 12:43 am

May have a set of the brackets out in the garage,will have a look tomorrow.
May be a bit rusty and bent,but should clean up to powder coat.

steve g

User avatar
George
Posts: 1605
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:07 pm
Rides:: '15 NBC110XD Cross Cub; '02 C90MT; '00 C90T; '99 C90CMX; '98 C90CWV; KTM 990 Adv
Location: Royal Leamington Spa, UK

Re: Wanted Rear Rack Bits

Post by George » Wed Mar 03, 2021 12:24 pm

steveST100 wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 12:43 am
May have a set of the brackets out in the garage,will have a look tomorrow.
May be a bit rusty and bent,but should clean up to powder coat.

steve g
Thank you Steve! That would be of massive help!
bikerbaker wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:37 pm
I don't have a spare set any more but do have a set hanging on the shed wall that go with one to be refitted one day.

If it's something for a pattern you need I could scan one on a grid or even post you one for a look see. I even contemplated knocking up a pair out of 2mm flat bar myself at one stage.

You obviously know the bolts are m8 80mm long and the spacers 50mm long.
I do have a set myself as per the pictures above. Just got another rack for the JDM Rat Cub that didn't come with the spacers and brackets. I do know that they are 50 mm long and 80 mm for the bolts. I even have the CAD model for them used to get the quote. Here they are:

Image Image Image Image

I will write to the seller and ask if he can find them, I will have them.

User avatar
wightegi
Posts: 8753
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:23 pm
Rides:: 12v 1988 e start C90, Gl5oo silverwing ,Piaggio xevo 250ie
Location: Isle of Wight

Re: Wanted Rear Rack Bits

Post by wightegi » Wed Mar 03, 2021 3:16 pm

George LaserMaster in cornwall can make them they have an online order system or you could send them the drawing a lot cheaper than the others you mentioned and the will do 1 ,2, or 300000000000000 well you get the drift .
Member Cooter worked there a long while back he made the racks that go between the leg shields ,the folded steel ones .

The tube you could pick up in B&Q .. or other good hardware shops .

User avatar
George
Posts: 1605
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:07 pm
Rides:: '15 NBC110XD Cross Cub; '02 C90MT; '00 C90T; '99 C90CMX; '98 C90CWV; KTM 990 Adv
Location: Royal Leamington Spa, UK

Re: Wanted Rear Rack Bits

Post by George » Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:36 pm

wightegi wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 3:16 pm
George LaserMaster in cornwall can make them they have an online order system or you could send them the drawing a lot cheaper than the others you mentioned and the will do 1 ,2, or 300000000000000 well you get the drift .
Member Cooter worked there a long while back he made the racks that go between the leg shields ,the folded steel ones .

The tube you could pick up in B&Q .. or other good hardware shops .
I'd be interested. Let's see if Steve can find the rusty ones. If not, I will get a quote from them. Is this the rack that you are mentioning?

Image

I have sent this rack to have it zinc plated and powder coated satin black together with all the NTG bits... :lol: :D

User avatar
wightegi
Posts: 8753
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:23 pm
Rides:: 12v 1988 e start C90, Gl5oo silverwing ,Piaggio xevo 250ie
Location: Isle of Wight

Re: Wanted Rear Rack Bits

Post by wightegi » Wed Mar 03, 2021 7:09 pm

Yes that was the rack Cooter designed and had made up on the laser mc . if you send them the drawing they will give you a quote .even in stainless.the 2 pieces without the holes would cost less than £8 .

User avatar
George
Posts: 1605
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:07 pm
Rides:: '15 NBC110XD Cross Cub; '02 C90MT; '00 C90T; '99 C90CMX; '98 C90CWV; KTM 990 Adv
Location: Royal Leamington Spa, UK

Re: Wanted Rear Rack Bits

Post by George » Thu Mar 04, 2021 2:11 pm

I've requested for a quote. Let's see what they say. Uploaded the drawing and the 3D CAD.

User avatar
George
Posts: 1605
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:07 pm
Rides:: '15 NBC110XD Cross Cub; '02 C90MT; '00 C90T; '99 C90CMX; '98 C90CWV; KTM 990 Adv
Location: Royal Leamington Spa, UK

Re: Wanted Rear Rack Bits

Post by George » Thu Mar 04, 2021 2:31 pm

And found some tubing! Took me a while to understand that the 12.7mm is 1/2" O/D and the 2mm wall is a 16 SWG-ish (1.63mm) gauge... hard one.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/STAINLESS-ST ... %3A2334524

Post Reply