courier

RE-OPENED :)
barker
Rides:: t80 honda90 nexus honda xr honda sh loncinyamaha vigaro 53suzukiaddress5

courier

Post by barker » Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:37 pm

how does one go about getting a bike picked up and delievered

Chimp
Formerly c90cpc
Rides:: 1965 CT200, 2013 CB500X, 2013 Grom, 2019 RE Bullet Trials

Re: courier

Post by Chimp » Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:21 am

Try Shiply, you put in what you want moving and locations and then courier companies essentially bid for your job. Have used before without issue.

Capitano
Rides:: '92 C90, '97 Divvy 6, 36V home-built e-bike

Post by Capitano » Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:22 am

Wuyang
Rides:: None at present

Post by Wuyang » Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:06 am

barker wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:37 pm
how does one go about getting a bike picked up and delievered
You can use Shiply.......but be careful, one of the last couriers I had booked let the seller down three times, in the end I cancelled with him and got somebody else. Only go with very very good feedback. There’s a company on there located in Pickering........avoid them if they put a quote in.

I have the number of a company I have used a couple of times who seem reliable compared to some, although they may budge the collection delivery date by a day or two if necessary, but last time he did that he offered me some money back.

I’ll message you number just in case.

Wuyang

Alan CF
Rides:: CUB RACING small cc engine rebuilds crank repairs

Post by Alan CF » Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:28 pm

Would anyone know the average costs. And time delays,
This is something I would like to do one day,
But knowing what to charge and how long people are willing to wait for there bikes, as in if a week then wait for one to collect at the drop of point.
Also having a lot of room for storage what's the costs to store. For a day or a week. Ie; collection of bikes after a accident. Thanks all.

Wuyang
Rides:: None at present

Post by Wuyang » Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:46 pm

Alan CF wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:28 pm
Would anyone know the average costs. And time delays,
This is something I would like to do one day,
But knowing what to charge and how long people are willing to wait for there bikes, as in if a week then wait for one to collect at the drop of point.
Also having a lot of room for storage what's the costs to store. For a day or a week. Ie; collection of bikes after a accident. Thanks all.
From my experience of using couriers I tend to think it’s usually around 10 days give or take. Depends on their route etc, could be a lot sooner. Some give you a day and change it nearer the time.

Register with shiply and put some random bikes and collection and delivery details in to give you an idea of what people are asking price wise....plus it has loads of info on the courier and their feedback scores. Shiply works on a bidding system where over a couple of days the prices compete.

I spoke to a few couriers all seem to reason Mercedes sprinter is the van for the job.

Wuyang

Kod
Rides:: CB750KZ,C90C,Kawasaki550GT

Post by Kod » Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:06 am

The courier I used turned up in a sprinter with built-in ramp and long cushions, similar to those used in a caravan, to protect the bike. Can’t remember the company name but between collection and delivery was four days.

Alan CF
Rides:: CUB RACING small cc engine rebuilds crank repairs

Post by Alan CF » Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:45 am

Thanks all,.
I did use one once or twice,
Great chap, I bought a MT5 down south and he took about a week, had no issue with the time,
Got chatting when he arrived and got interested in doing the job,

Next time I used him he collected a US spec MB5 and another MT5 and even layed out the extra dosh I owed
The seller as the MT was a last minute buy,

Great service.

knapdog
Rides:: '96 C90, '83 C90C, '98 Honda Valkyrie

Post by knapdog » Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:09 am

Remember also that there are bike specific couriers who, naturally, only deal with bikes, but are a bit more expensive.
They will have it down to a fine tee, with all the right tying down straps, etc. They'll be careful with your motorcycle and will be aware of straps chafing bodywork etc.
I have also sold bikes to find that the van collecting is full of bric a brac, where your pride and joy is sandwiched between a wardrobe and chest of drawers with a loose bicycle propped on top. Yup, I've seen it.
I've usually paid between £110 and £130 and never more than that and I've had a few bikes.

barker
Rides:: t80 honda90 nexus honda xr honda sh loncinyamaha vigaro 53suzukiaddress5

Post by barker » Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:57 pm

had a quote for 75 but it seems to low another one for £107 but they dont know what a c90 was ,another would not answer my question as to would it go on a flat bed or a van