Needed: running c90 for interesting project

RE-OPENED :)
cappedup

Needed: running c90 for interesting project

Post by cappedup » Fri May 28, 2010 12:29 pm

Hi there,

I'm in the market for a C90 (or Cub, although don't know the difference) for a project I am involved in. I am intending to fit square wheels on the bike and after building a suitable shaped track break/set a land speed record for a square wheeled vehicle! Also jumping a paddleing pool full of pirhanas for good measure. See here for the theory http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgbWu8zJubo

I'm looking for something that starts reliabely and has as decent acceleration as possible. On that note, does anyone know what speed I can expect from a standing start after about 60ft, on a good condition machine.

I'm in Brighton and would ideally find something close to here. I can travel to collect but am not wanting to go too far.

If you have any questions, a machine for sale, have any advice, warnings, well wishes, or anything else, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Chris.
Telephone: 07759 942 820
Email: cappedup@hotmail.com

Thanks!

Pjam
SPAMMER!
Rides:: C90, C70c, CB500, ANF125, A100 Bitsa

Re: Needed: running c90 for interesting project

Post by Pjam » Fri May 28, 2010 1:17 pm

'The Theory' (youtube vid) is very clever :geek: :geek: :geek: I like it and I reckon the C90 or Cub (all the same, it comes from SuperCub) is the ideal bike ........ actually it's the ideal bike for most things :D
You will get a bike here, they do come up from time to time. ;)
Good luck with the project and welcome to the board. Pjam :D

cappedup

Post by cappedup » Fri May 28, 2010 5:02 pm

Cheers Pjam,

Yeah, having messed about with a Puch Maxi for half a day there is only one way to go - get a c90!

I've made a push bike version square wheeled bike before, so this is the next logical step.

cappedup

Re: Needed: running c90 for interesting project - Sorted!

Post by cappedup » Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:22 pm

Got myself sorted with a 1998 Cub90, excellent condition - 500 quid. These things are rarer than i thought they would be. Didn't I read somewhere that the C90 is the most numerousely produced vehicle ever? I might have dreamt it.

Anyway, thanks for the interest (if there was any ;) ) Keep your eyes peeled on BBC1 at the back end of summer for a C90 on a prime time science show!

wightegi
Rides:: 12v 1988 e start C90,Royal Enfield Interceptor 650

Post by wightegi » Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:49 pm

Good stuff it is all we need for the crap roads full of pot holes, all we need is a variable geometry wheel to take in every surface ;) :D :D

Pjam
SPAMMER!
Rides:: C90, C70c, CB500, ANF125, A100 Bitsa

Re: Needed: running c90 for interesting project - Sorted!

Post by Pjam » Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:14 pm

cappedup wrote: Didn't I read somewhere that the C90 is the most numerousely produced vehicle ever? I might have dreamt it.
Yep, more made than the Model T, the Beetle and the Corolla put together! trouble is they weren't all sent here, and folk are hanging on to them.
cappedup wrote:
Anyway, thanks for the interest (if there was any ;) ) Keep your eyes peeled on BBC1 at the back end of summer for a C90 on a prime time science show!
Hey, it's got a Cub in it :P of course we're interested! looking forward to it. :D

Edit. I've got a crap memory! would you mind posting again near the time, to remind us of the exact date?

cappedup

Post by cappedup » Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:18 pm

I'm not too sure of the transmission date yet, but we film the actual item next week. We've made 60ft of straight track and a 6ft high ramp. The rider is bricking it, its safe to say.

First tests of the straight sections were not good. The torque at the back wheel would make the 'tyre' slip slightly, resulting in it running out of phase with the bumps. We've added a ton of grip paint to counter that.

The best thing is the C90! We've not modified it that much, i can swap the wheels over between square and round now in about 5 mins. Not bad. The bike has done the same size proportion jump we require using a stuntman and round wheels so we know it's man enough. We just need it (and the presenter, who isnt a stuntman) to perform equally well with square wheels.

Will let you now how it goes, and the date it is due to air.

Wish us luck :)

cappedup

Post by cappedup » Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:20 pm

wightegi wrote:Good stuff it is all we need for the crap roads full of pot holes, all we need is a variable geometry wheel to take in every surface ;) :D :D
Ha, great you said that. We do a short pece about exactly that. And a square wheeled skateboard to test the theory.