Honda Passport seat

RE-OPENED :)
Jon

Honda Passport seat

Post by Jon » Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:43 pm

currently on my 1989 C90e. I want a full length C90 seat so any swap's definitely a good thing. The passport seat is OK...cover is split and the strap has gone although the chromed ends are still there and a new strap could easily be sewn in. Seat pan is fair with latches and rubbers in place and the foam is good and plump!

krazy kev
C90Club Clown!
Rides:: 12V CUB HEINZ

Re: Honda Passport seat

Post by krazy kev » Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:52 pm

Can you post a photo? I might be able to do a swap if you want to. I have a good base and sponge but it needs a cover. I have all the brackets and hinges to match. will need the strap bolts replacing. i generally drill out the old ones and braze in a 25mm X 6mm gutter bolt. There is one small split in base about 20mm long which can easily be welded

dread
Rides:: lamb chop, vespa cutdown. italjet dragster chopper

Post by dread » Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:37 pm

yes post pics please. some of us, are new to the cub, and have no idea, what one is. :?

krazy kev
C90Club Clown!
Rides:: 12V CUB HEINZ

Post by krazy kev » Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:30 pm

krazy kev wrote:Can you post a photo? I might be able to do a swap if you want to. I have a good base and sponge but it needs a cover. I have all the brackets and hinges to match. will need the strap bolts replacing. i generally drill out the old ones and braze in a 25mm X 6mm gutter bolt. There is one small split in base about 20mm long which can easily be welded
here are some pics of the seat i have
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Jon

Post by Jon » Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:47 am

dread wrote:yes post pics please. some of us, are new to the cub, and have no idea, what one is. :?
It's basically a 3/4 length standard saddle. Heres one (Item 360284723536 on ebay) very similar to mine. i thought i did post pics as the chap initially interested decided after looking that the catch wouldn't work ....Which was a bit silly as it was on my C90 and working fine!

I now have a decent C90 seat on my Cub but the Passport seat may well still be up for grabs...I would like the fittings and perspex bit for a Rickman screen (i've got the fibreglass bottom bit)
cub seat.jpg [attachment=0]seat pan.jpg

Jon
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Boo
Rides:: Elephant Grey 1967 CM90 based 'bitsa'.

Post by Boo » Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:14 am

It's the same exactly as the UK C50/70/90'C' model. (12 volt, round lamp)