new be

RE-OPENED! :)
obsessed
Rides:: bmw rt1200, honda 550 4

new be

Post by obsessed » Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:52 pm

Hi guys and girls , need to pick your brains

Been looking for a cub for a while now and may have found the bike, Its a d reg 1966 needs paint back wheel exhaust, generally tatty, no indicator model dont know mileage and its a 90..The owner wants £400, is this a good price and desireable bike to own.

many many thanks for any advice from you.

john

Leiba
Rides:: Red C90.

Re: new be

Post by Leiba » Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:57 pm

Personally I think that's a bit steep for what you describe. Has it got a log book/V5? Does it run? How bad is the rust?
44 years old, it would make a good restoration project but that would cost you more £££'s to do so you would have to take that into consideration as well.
If you can, wait until after the weekend when the Southern Softies people get back from Hampshire. I'm sure some of them will have a more knowledgable opinion than me.

cruncherkid
Rides:: CD175

Re: new be

Post by cruncherkid » Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:00 pm

Given the age, it doesn't sound TOO steep, and with no indicators it is likely to be the rare CM91 model if OHC engine, or could possibly be the CM90 with OHV engine (but i think they had indicators....I'm sure Boo will be along and put this right) end of day the very early ones are money in the bank, certainly won't go down in value....

This is my CM91, currently stripped and awaiting attention.....paid £300 i think for it, pretty much surface rust and nothing terminal.....the older frames tend to be quite solid......very rare bikes