It really has to go this time. No room.

RE-OPENED! :)
jerrydevon
Rides:: Honda C90 Cub 1989 & FZX 750

It really has to go this time. No room.

Post by jerrydevon » Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:12 pm

Hi all.The bike really has to go this time, before I change my mind again and the wife divorces me. BUT I DON'T WANT IT TO GO :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
I have been a member for a couple of years and have a lovely 1988 C90. I normally keep it stored in a warm, dry cosy shed, but with the acquisition of a new project, it has to be kept outside. Because I no longer use it much, it would make more sense to pass it on to someone that will give it regular use.
It saddens me to do this but my wife has told me that three bikes is too many. The bike has not been owned outside a 3 mile radius since new and was bought locally in Bideford. The engine is excellent. It is a replacement from the original but is a genuine C90 that has had a new top end and refurb. It starts without any problems and all the electrics are great. I have fitted a larger dry cell 7.4 ah battery that provides more oomph although the original battery and holder will come with it. I am just about to fit a new chain and sprocket set and a new set of cush rubbers on the rear wheel. A new Conti go rear tyre was fitted around 200 miles ago. I will also MOT it and put on 12 months tax as these are just about to run out. It is a real genuine bike that has only been used for pottering and has only covered just over 16,000 miles. With a great engine also, it is a very difficult decision for me to sell (which is only happening because of lack of space) If I had somewhere to store it, it definitely wouldn't be for sale.
It isn't perfect, body wise, but it's solid and looks good. The paint, over time has been stone chipped around the wheel arches so has some surface rust. You can see some pictures here. viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3485
I will be looking for £495 if you're interested. Just to let you know that the bike is dearer now than when I advertised it originally as I have spent out over the amount that I've increased it by since then. I couldn't bring myself round to selling it then and withdrew the ad a couple of days after.
This was all done before the purchase of my new bike. It still really saddens me to think that I won't have it any longer, but the pressure from my wife is forcing the issue.
Jerry.

fizzydaze
Rides:: Honda Singles

Re: It really has to go this time. No room.

Post by fizzydaze » Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:56 pm

A great engine in this one if I say so myself, sad sad day but these things happen or you buy an Innova. ;)

jerrydevon

Post by jerrydevon » Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:25 pm

I've just got the FZX 750 on the road at this time. The GSXR 750 will be worked on over the winter. I do, however, love the nimbleness of a small bike. they're great fun.
Here I go again. I'll talk myself into keeping it again, although I have to be sensible and fair to my lovely wife and this time it's definitely got to go. She can't sit in the back yard without being surrounded by bikes. (My son has one also)

Newtsalad
Admin & site janitor.
Rides:: XL1200c, Cali III, C125,GS750,XV535,XL350,BN125,C90's,C200's,CT200,Little Cub's

Post by Newtsalad » Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:55 pm

Well, It's far cheaper to get rid of a bike, than to get rid of a wife, trust me on that one! ;) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Keep it and it'll likely be the most expensive bike you've ever owned! :lol: :lol: :lol:

tony1
TRADER
Rides:: c50 c70 c90zz cn250

Post by tony1 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:03 pm

i cant see no pictures.

jerrydevon

Post by jerrydevon » Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:08 am