Buy one get one free £800

RE-OPENED! :)
muppet
Rides:: honda c90 cub. GPZ 550 in kit form Pulse force 2t

Buy one get one free £800

Post by muppet » Sun Feb 07, 2016 3:27 pm

Sadly due to circumstances beyond my control I am selling my Honda cub. This is a 2005 12v square headlight model. I have owned it since aug 2012. It has mot until 28 aug 2016. It passed the mot with one advisory that the chain was a little warn. I have since replaced the chain . It is currently fitted with a lifan 125 semi auto engine which is not shown on the log book. I still have the original engine which has done about 6000 miles from new. As far as I know the original engine is working but may need a couple of parts that I have lost such as clutch actuator. I first fitted the 125 to give me a little more power as my route to work was along a steep road and the 90 was a little lacking. After moving house I was using a flatter route and the 125 performed really well untill due to my own neglect the chain came off and broke a pillar off the stator plate. I then fitted the 110 and that lasted me a very long time around about 20000 miles. Until the gear box gave up the ghost. I then took the stator plate from the 110 and put it on the 125 which had been under my bench. The 125 engine is now fitted into the bike and runs well how ever there is an oil leak which I suspect is probably to do with the fitting of the stator plate. The bike has a really nice stainless exaust which sounds lovely but not overly loud. The bike is fitted with a second tank which more than doubles the amount of fuel . This is plumbed via a 2 way valve which means the original tank is used as a reserve. Now for the free stuff. I will give the buyer a second cub of about the same age I bought his cub as a project . The second cub will run but very poorly and is not ride able. There is considerable amount of work needed to bring this cub back to the road. Including welding on the frame. I will also throw in my 110 with a knackered gear box ( maybe the top end could be fitted to the second cubs engine) . I have a few spares and other bits and bobs that will also be thrown in. I have the V5 for the first cub in my name. I do not have a V5 for the free one. I may be able to deliver locally to me for a cuppa. The bikes are currently in Andover Hampshire

Muppet

Alan CF
Rides:: CUB RACING small cc engine rebuilds crank repairs

Re: Buy one get one free £800

Post by Alan CF » Sun Feb 07, 2016 5:35 pm

nice, But 2005 :?: thought the last ones were 2002/3. no footpegs. do you have the standard 90 motor to go with her.

muppet

Post by muppet » Sun Feb 07, 2016 6:30 pm

You are quite right its 2002 thank you for spotting my typo. Yes I have foot pegs I have never adjusted them to fit the lifan engines. I actually have 2 sets, the original ones from the bike pictured above and a set from the free bike which have a side stand. Also yes I have the original engine from this bike it has not been run or fitted in a bike for some time but when I removed it from the bike it was running fine. As I say there may be some bits missing such as the clutch actuator which I may have lost over time. The other bike also has a honda engine but runs really badly. Certainly not well enough to ride the bike.
Muppet

muppet

Post by muppet » Sun Feb 07, 2016 6:39 pm

Here's a link to my photo albums with more photos
http://s1306.photobucket.com/user/callm ... ry/Cubby90

and a few of the other FREE bike

http://s1306.photobucket.com/user/callm ... rary/Sally

Muppet

rhyshrc
Rides:: C90 / YX140!, Africa Twin, NSR250 SP, NSR250 SE, NTV650

Post by rhyshrc » Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:48 pm

would you sell the 'free' one separately? >

muppet

Post by muppet » Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:38 pm

rhyshrc wrote:would you sell the 'free' one separately? >
I have already promised the free one to some body else if they don't sell together . But thanks for asking
Muppet