1964 C100 Bike Project £500.00

RE-OPENED! :)
ldtopham
Rides:: C70ZZ, C100 x2, CM90 x2, C50L-AC, St70

1964 C100 Bike Project £500.00

Post by ldtopham » Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:49 pm

I have a complete set of parts to build a registered C100. The frame and engine numbers match the V5. The V5 is in my name.
I stripped the bike down and kept all parts together ready for chroming, painting etc.
The frame was rotten on the internal mudguard so spot welds were drilled out and the panel removed. A brand new replacement is included.
Then I noticed after blasting (This frame is the dull silver one in the photo) that the down tube is wearing thin on the underside where the engine mounts. All repairable however I purchased another frame.
The original engine has been stripped, cases cleaned and bead blasted externally. The side cases have been painted in 2K.
The crank has been rebuilt with a new big end, bearing and rod (receipt from silvers and photos to prove work) and blade balanced.
The rest of the engine internals have been cleaned and oiled before being stored.
Only the barrel needs reboring + new piston.
Everything was complete with the bike prior to strip down and I have not separated anything.
The bike also fired before I stripped it down so the carb looks to be usable also.

Frame no2 is a C100 of similar year and 100% solid. The outer has surface rust but nothing serious. The underside is very solid and has no heavy rust gremlins.
The idea was to blast and use this frame immediately whilst slow time repairing the other with the repair panels included. This frame will need registering as it is no longer on the DVLA system. I have contacted DVLA and they said they may re assign the reg number that it holds once it is inspected by someone like VJMC who would have to supply a letter stating the bike is infact a C100.

As well as the registered frame and complete engine/cycle parts/ leg shield/ etc I am including the above spare solid frame and a large quantity of C100 cycle parts and engine parts. See pictures.

There are x2 complete Norobu gasket sets, Brand new SKF engine bearings for x2 engines, a spare bottom end of an engine built up. Spare forks, spare looms, heads possibly 4 or 5 (including x2 aluminium OHV heads that are rare as), seats, headlight cowls, cylinders, indicators, carburetors, inlet tubes, number plate and light holders, handle bars, switch gear, headlight rim........see the pictures as I can't list it all here. It really needs to be seen to appreciate what there is. There are a total of x3 side cases painted in silver base with a 2K clear lacquer. I more than likely have a few spare generators, clutches.....`There are at least x2 fully serviceable kickstart mechanisms and enough engine internal parts to make a few engines up or allow for a nice shelf of spares as engine parts are becoming hard/ expensive to get hold of.

I will give it a week before I put it all on E-bay but would hope an enthusiast from here would like to take this project on ;)

Cheers for looking, Lee

ps, I've just found another good seat and another set of bars. Anything more that I find that is C100 related I will include as I'm having a bit of a purge!

Prior to strip down.

ldtopham

Re: 1964 C100 Bike Project £500.00

Post by ldtopham » Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:40 pm

More bits for C50, C70 and a few 12V bits are being listed here viewtopic.php?f=8&t=22544.
If anyone is after anything in-particular please ask as I'm having a big clear out.

krazy kev
C90Club Clown!
Rides:: 12V CUB HEINZ

Post by krazy kev » Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:13 pm

Flippin heck mate? Are the Yorkshire crew retiring or something. First Steve, now you.
That is a fantastic project for someone. In all fairness I think £500 is a bargain. There is the making of two projects you have there. Wish I had a few bob kicking around :cry: :cry: I love the looks of the C100 and CM90/91 models

ldtopham

Post by ldtopham » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:39 pm

The only one I am keeping is a CM90, the low lighters have sooo much character. Even my daily 70ZZ is going and the st70. Need to make space for another project but I ain't leaving the fold just making a little room ;)

I will swap this lot and a few more bits I have since found for a nice condition motorbike lift/ service table.....cough Jaz.....cough :lol:

I'll give it till Sunday then on Ebay it will go.

Regards.

ldtopham

Post by ldtopham » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:39 pm

The only one I am keeping is a CM90, the low lighters have sooo much character. Even my daily 70ZZ is going and the st70. Need to make space for another project but I ain't leaving the fold just making a little room ;)

I will swap this lot and a few more bits I have since found for a nice condition motorbike lift/ service table.....cough Jaz.....cough :lol:

I'll give it till Sunday then on Ebay it will go.

Regards.