Innova mixture screw O-ring stuck

Anything else ya ride!
wilchatron
Rides:: '04 Innova

Innova mixture screw O-ring stuck

Post by wilchatron » Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:45 pm

I think I may finally have got to the bottom of my Innova's fuel starvation issue -

I decided to deep clean the carb again, but this time I removed the mixture screw. there appears to be a badly deformed O-ring squished into the bottom of the channel the screw goes into, I think it must have come off and been 'screwed' into a place where it's stuck and as far as I can see it is partially covering the hole at the bottom. obviously, I need a new screwset, but in the meantime, though, I need to find a way to get the old one out.

Has this issue ever happened to anyone else, possibly with a cub? some googling tells me most mixture screws have at least one O ring on them.

Bearing in mind the hole is about 7mm in diametre and the o-ring is about 1.5cm deep, I need to devise a way to extract it. if anyone can suggest something I'd be extremely grateful

wightegi
Rides:: 12v 1988 e start C90,Royal Enfield Interceptor 650

Re: Innova mixture screw O-ring stuck

Post by wightegi » Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:11 pm

Fine point tweezers,or dentists probe/pick.

wilchatron
Rides:: '04 Innova

Re: Innova mixture screw O-ring stuck

Post by wilchatron » Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:42 pm

I actually managed it with a screw! Thanks for the suggestion though. It also didn't seem to be anything to do with that o ring but that's one more thing eliminated!