Peugeot Vox 110

Anything else ya ride!
stevew
Rides:: MaxSym 400i (2013) Wave110i (2014)

Re: Peugeot Vox 110

Post by stevew » Fri May 27, 2016 2:45 pm

If you like the Vox have a look at -
http://www.workbike.co.uk/
He may have some left..........phone him (James) and ask for best price don't pay £1K :lol: :lol:

BTW John, pop your location in your profile so we know where you are in future when you post ;)

johnwoodgate
Rides:: 2016 Peugeot Vox

Post by johnwoodgate » Sat May 28, 2016 7:45 am

Thank you Stevew,

I don't want to seem dim but how do I add my location to my profile? I am the new boy around here so it's going to take me a while to become au fait with the procedures.

Capitano
Rides:: '92 C90, '97 Divvy 6, 36V home-built e-bike

Post by Capitano » Sat May 28, 2016 7:53 am

johnwoodgate wrote:Thank you Stevew,

I don't want to seem dim but how do I add my location to my profile? I am the new boy around here so it's going to take me a while to become au fait with the procedures.
Click as follows: -

- User Control Panel

Part way down the panel on the right you will find "Location".

Fill it in then click: -

- Submit

Voila! :D

johnwoodgate

Post by johnwoodgate » Sat May 28, 2016 1:49 pm

Thank you Capitano,
I have done as you suggested and updated my profile.
I am shortly to view a new Peugeot Vox 110. After reading the glowing reports by owners: Bill/Rubery, The Devon Rider, Mender & Jon I am shortly to buy one from Manley Motorcycles of Clacton. They have a silver one as yet unregistered and I am just working out how to use my bus pass to travel from my home in Long Melford (Suffolk) to Clacton after the bank holiday is over. I shall of course update this post once the deal has gone through. I have owned several C90s in my riding career.

Capitano
Rides:: '92 C90, '97 Divvy 6, 36V home-built e-bike

Post by Capitano » Sat May 28, 2016 3:57 pm

johnwoodgate wrote:Thank you Capitano,
I have done as you suggested and updated my profile.
I am shortly to view a new Peugeot Vox 110. After reading the glowing reports by owners: Bill/Rubery, The Devon Rider, Mender & Jon I am shortly to buy one from Manley Motorcycles of Clacton. They have a silver one as yet unregistered and I am just working out how to use my bus pass to travel from my home in Long Melford (Suffolk) to Clacton after the bank holiday is over. I shall of course update this post once the deal has gone through. I have owned several C90s in my riding career.
I've not ridden one but had a good look around one at On The Wheel in Brighton.

They are made by Qingqi in a tie up with Peugeot.

Peugeot have rebadged various Qingqi twist & go models in the past.

I'd have one, but not at the moment as it would be doing the same job as my Cub.

The Devon Rider
Rides:: Peugeot Vox

Post by The Devon Rider » Sun May 29, 2016 7:52 pm

Hi. I still have my Peugeot and it is fine. I bought mine new nearly three years ago and the first m.o.t test is due soon. I recently had to ride from Torbay to Kingsbridge along a busy road and it held a steady 40. The build quality is good so it hasn't rusted out and nothing is loose. The fuel consumption is excellent and it is comfortable to ride with no cramp or back ache. I have a top box fitted as the under seat storage is only useful for very small items such as a wallet. It handles well for its size although like many small cc bikes I have ridden high winds can be fun! It has an electric starter as well as a kick starter but it fires up easier on the kick starter going first time every time. The speedo and odometer are metric but do have mph as well as kph on it so not a problem. I hope you enjoy your purchase as I have done.

johnwoodgate

Post by johnwoodgate » Tue May 31, 2016 12:44 pm

Thank you Devon Rider. It's good to hear that you are still using and enjoying your scooter three years down the line. Does your Vox use the standard rear carrier? And do you know the make of the top box that you have? Also do you know if one can still buy suitable pannier bags? When I owned my last C90 it came with a pair of brown leather-look metal-framed pannier bags which I always thought made the scooter look really neat. I'd also like to read any comments from other Vox owners too.

lafree
Rides:: Velosolex

Post by lafree » Wed Jun 01, 2016 7:39 am

Hi John, vox a great bike had mine a year 4000 kms which is not a lot changed to a Honda pcx125 after a hip replacement as finding the foot brake difficult, I fitted a larger front sprocket 1 tooth up to increase the cruising speed which worked fine as I'm 11 stone.

The Devon Rider
Rides:: Peugeot Vox

Post by The Devon Rider » Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:50 pm

Hi Jon,
I have a CITI medium top box which does fit to the rack on the bike. I havent investigated throw over panniers or other baggage only for the fact I dont need them as I use a rucksack for the few occasions I need extra carrying capability. When I bought my Vox one of the reasons I chose it was because it was very close to being a modern day variation of the c90.

Bill/Rubery
Rides:: Peugeot Vox 110 cc

Post by Bill/Rubery » Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:09 pm

Dispite all the 'nay-sayers' on here knocking the dear old Vox I am glad to tell you that my Vox has gone past 4000 km and the 3000 mile service is due when I can get started! There is a little bit of rust on the top of the chaincase, but no problem as the Vox has the same bolt holes as my Innova and Honda 90 had which means a Honda chain case will fit the Vox. The smooth LE Velocette running of the engine continues and the replacement gear lever from the rocking one was/is a great idea. The other good idea was extending the front mudguard downwards which works great to stop the back lane road debris messing up the engine pot. I dont suppose you can buy one for £1299... (special introductory offer) anymore????