Peugeot Vox 110

Anything else ya ride!
Jon

Re: Peugeot Vox 110

Post by Jon » Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:10 pm

Capitano wrote:
babyzed wrote:ahh theres a Sinnis dealer/CBT center nearby, did notice online something close to a wave/vox, next free weekend i might nip over see if they have a Sinnis version there....or an old cub ;)

There isn't a Sinnis version of the Peugeot Vox. Sinnis are quite choosy about what bikes they brand with their name. For some reason they've chosen not to sell a Cub-derived bike themselves.
babyzed wrote: Do Sinnis fall into the crap chinese section or is it more might not fall apart and make it 3 years to it's first MOT test chinese quality ?
Not that it's relevant now given the facts above but no, they don't fall into that section. One of the better products from PRC.
I think they're Jinan Qingqi....

Vox dash...Image

jinan dash...Image

babyzed
Rides:: z250

Post by babyzed » Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:10 pm

Been for a look.
I stand corrected, i saw a partial front profile that looked similar to a wave, assumed it was another clone, turns out to be a twist and go with full step through frame Sinnis and not like a wave/vox.

Capitano
Rides:: '92 C90, '97 Divvy 6, 36V home-built e-bike

Post by Capitano » Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:28 pm

If it was a Sinnis 125 Shuttle they're a bit of a bargain.

Full auto CVT though, as you said, and Honda GY6 clone motor.

Bill/Rubery
Rides:: Peugeot Vox 110 cc

Post by Bill/Rubery » Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:08 pm

Out yesterday on my Vox riding around the country lanes of North Worcestershire and had a WONDERFUL time. I saw no other motorcyclist doing the same but found motorist's quite polite giving me room to pass by, as some of the lanes were designed for horse and carts! My adding of a front wheel extension of the mudguard proved most effective as the cylinder pot remained clear of road muck and horse manure! This bike is just like my Innova but does not have the chromed wheel rims so no need to coat the rims with grease to stop the rust....

Bill/Rubery

Post by Bill/Rubery » Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:25 pm

Well... Well... WEll! Just read the back messages on this topic and found Guildbass's message not far back! It appears that my often noted average speed of 32 mph is not so bad after all...I ride that speed on ALL roads including dual carriage way main roads with no hassle at all. I refer to my motorcycle as 'Mr Sipit' as riding at my speed the petrol consumption is amazing. Yesterdays ride of around 80 km used only half a tank of petrol...about £2. 20p or so, well, well.....

Jon

Post by Jon » Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:43 pm

Bill/Rubery wrote:Well... Well... WEll! Just read the back messages on this topic and found Guildbass's message not far back! It appears that my often noted average speed of 32 mph is not so bad after all...I ride that speed on ALL roads including dual carriage way main roads with no hassle at all. I refer to my motorcycle as 'Mr Sipit' as riding at my speed the petrol consumption is amazing. Yesterdays ride of around 80 km used only half a tank of petrol...about £2. 20p or so, well, well.....
The injected innova will manage 80 kms on about £1.50 worth of petrol at 35 mph...It does 65 kms to the litre of fuel at those speeds...Around 160 miles on a 4 litre tank full!

Bill/Rubery

Post by Bill/Rubery » Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:34 pm

By the way Guildbass.....(What's your proper first name??) Recently I was reading a account (blog??) about two people on a long tour around Africa and the Far East, and they both mentioned buying cub clones in preference with carbs instead of the electronic gizmo you seem to prefer. They found out that it was more than likely that a road side mechanic would not know sod all about fixing a electronic wonder but your 'common or garden variety' of carb would be common knowledge as regards to fixing. After all a carb is really just two jets and a slide!

Jon

Post by Jon » Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:24 pm

Bill/Rubery wrote:By the way Guildbass.....(What's your proper first name??) Recently I was reading a account (blog??) about two people on a long tour around Africa and the Far East, and they both mentioned buying cub clones in preference with carbs instead of the electronic gizmo you seem to prefer. They found out that it was more than likely that a road side mechanic would not know sod all about fixing a electronic wonder but your 'common or garden variety' of carb would be common knowledge as regards to fixing. After all a carb is really just two jets and a slide!
You're right of course...But that argument only has weight if the components are equally unreliable. 4o years ago you'd hear the exact same argument about the 'benefits' of points over electronic ignition...And before that, it was 'Japanese four cylinder engines have four times as many things to go wrong compared to a good old Brit single. ...And it is true, British singles DO have a quarter of the things to go wrong.
What people started to realise was that although points are possible to fix, they DO go wrong, whereas electronic ignition basically...Doesn't.**

Similarly, the guy would be sitting on the road-side, tool box opened as he repaired his accessible, simple Matchless single, while the Jap four thrummed past, just a tenth of the way through a totally uneventful 100,000 mile engine life. A quarter of the bits to go wrong on the single maybe, but forty times as likely that each bit would go wrong!

Motorcycle fuel injection has been around for decades, and in cars, even longer. Honda in particular, mindful of the reputation for reliability in the face of indifferent servicing, abuse and the expectations of a long hard life, when they finally put fuel injection into their Cubs they ensured the system would be as reliable as an anvil....The new 50cc Cubs don't even have outboard electronics, the entire package sits on the throttle body, requires no battery to run and is totally self contained.

Yes, you can fix a carb....Which is good, because they go out of adjustment, wear and cause problems with monotonous regularity, especially with new fuels, And no, you can't as easily bodge an Fi system... But they are carefully designed not to give problems, or require maintenance, self adjust the mixture for any climate and will even run perfectly well on a cub with the manifold unbolted from the head!

Jon

** I'm sure people have had them fail, but we all accept that they are better than points....Significantly enough for people not even to consider retro-fitting points.

Bill/Rubery

Post by Bill/Rubery » Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:56 pm

Just been reading your last reply Jon, I don't know if my reply inferred it but I much prefer Japanese bikes to the home grown variety. I brought bikes at first as I was sick of waiting for buses in the local rush hour and always pulled up to help on seeing some poor sod stuck by the road-side! During the late 1960's I noticed that broken down motorcycles did not seem to be evident on the A38 into Birmingham like in previous years! Why? The home produced stuff had gone and Japanese bikes were being brought instead. When I purchased a Indian Royal Enfield 350cc Bullet in 2000 I asked for electronic ignition to be fitted as I remembered the palaver with points.....

Diesel Dave
Rides:: 1965 Enfield Diesel, 2017 Sterling, Modenas Kriss and CT200 - the only Cub left

Post by Diesel Dave » Sat Dec 06, 2014 12:46 am

Bill/Rubery wrote: When I purchased a Indian Royal Enfield 350cc Bullet in 2000 I asked for electronic ignition to be fitted as I remembered the palaver with points.....
I chucked the entire engine away with the ignition and carb...