Peugeot Vox 110

Anything else ya ride!
Jon

Re: Peugeot Vox 110

Post by Jon » Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:18 am

Boo wrote:
guildbass wrote:the Vox
If you did get one.. would it mean a change of C90Club username to match? :D

Hah! What a beauty! Actually the Guild was soldf a couple of years ago and the proceeds bought a Warwick Streamer Stage 1 AND a Spector NS2000...Both ultra sexy 'boutique' through-necks with 'the sound' I've been chasing since '91 when I first tried a Warwick SS1.

Warwickbass or Spectorbass sounds a bit crap though (in my head)

When I was at school one of my mates bought a Vox teardrop 6 string....Looked awesome but you couldn't play with it on your knee, it kept slipping off cuz it was the shape of...Well you can guess! Worth a mint these days of course.
JonesVox.gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

babyzed
Rides:: z250

Post by babyzed » Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:22 pm

Rather than start a new thread.

Looked into a bike shop today. In the window they had a pug Vox 110 at £1299.00 + £75 OTR fee.

It did look very Honda Wave like, from what i could see, the motor takes 800ml of oil and has a kick starter, the 2 stage igniton lock, unlock the slot before putting a key in to start.
Speedo was only in KPH maxed out at 120 kph, appeared to be either 6 or .6km on the clock.
Kenda tyres.

How did those in this thread get on with them, are they compatible with other 110 unit parts ? good runners ? and still priced the same as a few years ago.

Might go back with more spare time (not an expired parking ticket time to run back too :lol: and have a sit on it, still going to check out a new Wave.

Curious to any user feedback on them.

drago76
Rides:: JMStar JSD100, Honda CB500s 1998, Ex-Yamaha XJ600 1991

Post by drago76 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:15 pm

wightegi wrote:The oil will be changed by the dealer for the first 2 years for the waranty.
very cool!
But to complete things, dealer then myst fill up fuel also "for the warranty" - as so, as swap worn brake clutches, tires, and so on.
Want to relocate to your region, where that beatutiful, yet stupid, dealers live...:P

stevew
Rides:: MaxSym 400i (2013) Wave110i (2014)

Post by stevew » Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:21 pm

babyzed wrote:Rather than start a new thread.

Looked into a bike shop today. In the window they had a pug Vox 110 at £1299.00 + £75 OTR fee.

It did look very Honda Wave like, from what i could see, the motor takes 800ml of oil and has a kick starter, the 2 stage igniton lock, unlock the slot before putting a key in to start.
Speedo was only in KPH maxed out at 120 kph, appeared to be either 6 or .6km on the clock.
Kenda tyres.

How did those in this thread get on with them, are they compatible with other 110 unit parts ? good runners ? and still priced the same as a few years ago.

Might go back with more spare time (not an expired parking ticket time to run back too :lol: and have a sit on it, still going to check out a new Wave.

Curious to any user feedback on them.
Might be worth looking here too
http://www.workbike.co.uk/
Phone the guy up and haggle, reckon he'll go to about £650 minimum ;)

Jon

Post by Jon » Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:34 pm

drago76 wrote:
wightegi wrote:The oil will be changed by the dealer for the first 2 years for the waranty.
very cool!
But to complete things, dealer then myst fill up fuel also "for the warranty" - as so, as swap worn brake clutches, tires, and so on.
Want to relocate to your region, where that beatutiful, yet stupid, dealers live...:P
It is because Peugeot have realised the only way to guarantee the engine will last a reasonable time is to use fully synthetic and they don't trust owners to stick to the recommended quality...Unsurporisingly :D

drago76
Rides:: JMStar JSD100, Honda CB500s 1998, Ex-Yamaha XJ600 1991

Post by drago76 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:40 pm

guildbass wrote:
drago76 wrote:
very cool!
It is because Peugeot have realised the only way to guarantee the engine will last a reasonable time is to use fully synthetic and they don't trust owners to stick to the recommended quality...Unsurporisingly :D
sounds stupid. Engine construction, as cub, starts from 1950, and today's any of motoroil, what can be found in market is many times better, than necessary for that rock-age engine.

Jon

Post by Jon » Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:55 pm

drago76 wrote:
guildbass wrote:
sounds stupid. Engine construction, as cub, starts from 1950, and today's any of motoroil, what can be found in market is many times better, than necessary for that rock-age engine.
Not only is the Vox likely to be used in today's Europe MUCH harder than the engine's progenitor was expected to be used when it was developed, (even today in Northern Africa the average speed of such machines on the open road is under 20 mph) but people's expectations for the lifespan of an engine have massively increased. 5000 miles is no longer an expected mileage before first re-bore... :D

'Rock' age or not, a 8000 rpm single ridden flat out most of the time is always going to be working hard...

I have absolutely no doubt Peugeot, with one eye on their reputation and Euro warranties looked at the cheapest solution for keeping the Vox out of the workshops during the first two years...Especially as they must have had the
Pizza delivery boys in mind for fleet sales...

wightegi
Rides:: 12v 1988 e start C90,Royal Enfield Interceptor 650

Post by wightegi » Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:17 pm

drago76 wrote:
very cool!
If you have had a new car or bike you would know that to keep the waranty you have to let them service it..but it costs.
The post was 2 years ago and Pete got rid of the pox as he called it ,terrible business.

babyzed
Rides:: z250

Post by babyzed » Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:50 pm

hmmmm, nice site to look at stevew, surprised at how cheap fairing parts are :D well all parts really, not so sure on the self build option..... cheap but at first glance no warranty due to self build (i could be wrong and misunderstood it)

Still a full pizza delivery bike option with top box and rack is still cheaper than just a Touratech luggage set :lol:

Shop i saw Vox in isn't a main pug dealership. I will ask about warranty when i find a close by Honda dealer, as i couldn't find that information on the dealers sites, service interval/cost to retain 2 year Honda warranty with a Wave...... i suspect the cost of retaining the warranty will be enough to look at second hand again, the research continues.

Are the Vox and Loncin from the same factory ? just rebranded for export.

When i googled Vox at the weekend this forum was top of the list (again)

Jon

Post by Jon » Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:11 am

Personally, I'd go for a fuel injected machine over a carb engine every time...Much better with a catalytic converter for starters...And in my opinion the new long stroke high geared Waves and Innovas are better at handling the consistently higher average speeds we tend to enjoy over here compared to the older school engines based on the 35 year old 12v C90...

Others opinions may vary...Of course....